Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maxing45

golden lake

7 posts in this topic

anyone ever try this lake?

fished it in the spring the thing is loaded with 5 inch crappies but there are a few nice pike and catfish to be had but i mean a few... the water is also very bad and comes straight out of the sewers i believe.. the dnr was talking about dredging the lake because there is so much [PoorWordUsage] on the bottom...

Never tried through the ice though...

Ryan

My neighbor took his family out there about 10 years ago. They came back with a pail full of nice sunnies. He cleaned them for a couple of hours and ate them. You know, he has had some kind of tick or twitch eversince, and his kids walk in cirlces.

??? umn..a joke I hope?

I caught some of those fish too and gave one to my dog and now he scratches the furniture and meows.

Just kidding \:\) never fished it before and probably won't

Fished it twice this year and a lot in the past. As the crappieman says there are a few pike and catfish with healthier populations of crappies and sunfish. Nothing large by any means and noticeably smaller in the last year. Fish right in the weeds, 5 feet and you'll do fine with 5-6 in. sunnies. One note as stated above not the cleanest lake and the fish all have neascus(black spot).

it used to have very nice sunnies8-9 inches, now it is fished out. too bad it was a fun little lake but yes it is basically a drainage pond for the surrounding community.