Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grouser

Big Lasalle Lake

7 posts in this topic

Anyone been fishing Big Lasalle this winter (Lake Itaska area); I've never been on it but the DNR report looks interesting. I'm spending the weekend by Bagley and am looking to get out for a little ice fishing. Thought I'd try Long for some Rainbows in the morning and am looking for a lake close to there to try for crappies later in the day. Any suggestions appreciated.

grouser, look to some of the lakes very close to Bagley for some decent crappie action. You don't have to travel far....

Matt, you remind me a bit of an old girlfriend years ago in college; she'd show a little leg and maybe wear a low cut blouse and that was pretty much it. Don't get me wrong though, I appreciate the veiled tip. Actually I get up to that area a fair amount but was thinking of trying something different; that's why I threw out the inquiry about Big Lasalle. The DNR report shows some interesting numbers but it also looks like a tough lake to fish for the first time (not a lot of unique structure); I was looking for some general comments on the lake, but not unexpectedly the guys up in that neck of the woods are pretty tight lipped. I just might give it a try anyway. Good fishing.

grouser, funny post, but if I remind you of a girl you dated in college we're all in trouble.... ;\)

I've never fished Big Lasalle, but feel free to shoot me an e-mail and I can point you to some lakes that are putting out, instead of showing leg...

Own a cabin in the area. I went up for a weekend fished lasalle the whole weekend not much luck. Had a couple nice 4-5lb northerns on tip ups, not much else.Try Itasca had some better luck on that lake.

try squaw lake in itasca park. i had some luck there in the summer.

grouser, got your e-mail, but couldn't reply, as your e-mail address wasn't listed...

As for your question about the lake you were asking about in the e-mail, yes, I've fished it, and it can be good. You'd be better of elsewhere however for numbers and size... It's loaded with hammer handles too...