Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
knotty pines

Cannon Falls area reports?

10 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there are any reports around the CF area (within 45 min). Will be in Cannon Falls this weekend and have never fished around there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lake Byllesby has been doing pretty well for wallys, & the watershed ponds are producing pannies. Good Luck to ya! ;\)

how about the whitebass are they hitting...?

Last I heard, the only Whitebass/stripers thru the ice have been on Mazaska, earlier in the year. I get them sometimes in the spring on the stretch of the Cannon River between Bylesby & the Miss. River.

Speaking of ice fishing Byllesby, I was out there form 4:30-7:45 last nite. Thinking that the front coming in would make for a good "Bite". I was wrong. at least for me. Had one bite & it had to be at one of the only times I left the shack. I was 15 ft away , getting a brew out of my truck & the rattle reel went off. By the time I reached the shack, fish was off & gone.. Bummer. I wanted to stay later, but needed to get back to the house.

Have to try again later..

GoodLuck to ya!

;\)

MnSports,

Looks like a nice whitie in your avatar pic.

Thanx Tyler, Yep, It went back right after the pics.(taken 4-5 yrs. ago) It could have been a state record, I'm thinkin, Had it been later in the year.(Mn. record 18+" @ 4.4 lbs) It was around 20-22" using the can= approx 4-/34", & we guessed the weight at 3+ lbs. Seemed skinny for the length, at the time. It was pretty cold that day , so gil54p(< FMn. Member) took the pic & back down the hole it went, for someone else to try & catch. I don't put fish on the wall, & it was a fairly rare catch for Lake Mazaska. Maybe 30 sec. - 1 min. exposure to the air. We were fishing for crappies. used minnow & bare hook w/splitshot.If I remember correctly, About 20 FOW deep, fishing 18' down.

Nice Memory for me..

\:D

Go FIsh ;\)

BTW, Knotty Pines,

Did ya go & how did ya do , if ya went?

Mr.Lunker, You go out at all up this way?

nope have no idea where it is... hoping to come out and find some whitebass any tips on where to find them...?thanks!

We tried byllesby, circle, and fox- nothing.

Saturday afternoon and sunday ended up on the river by Frontinac-lots of small saugers, 4 17-18in, 2 10in and 1 15in walleye, and 2 whities. Lots of people out there even with the wind.

we hammered the [PoorWordUsage]' out of the eyes a couple nights ago on byllesby