Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bimbo

spearing?

18 posts in this topic

im not really into spearing,but i was wondering if there are anygood lakes around her to try? and does anyone have any tips?

Sylvia. Clearest water around. ;\)

Ice is correct, this is the clearest lake in this area by far. Your not going to get alot of big pike, but you will see alot of them when your out there. Frances might be another great lake to try as well. i know its clear, and has alot of nice fish in it. You can also check out cedar, not sure how clear it would be, but i know there is some pike in it as well.

i live on cedar, and see where all them houses are but ive never went and talked to any of the guys to see how they did?

i would go and check it out, and if there not there, look outside and see if you see any blood. Might not be able to with all the wind, but i would check that out!!

sounds like a good idea

how did you do?

i went to the north end of cedar yesterday and i only saw one bass. wasnt very exciting for my first time.

That is spearing!!!

The next day on that same spot you may see many fish!!

bimbo, merk is right, you could go out there the next day, and see 10 fish, you really never know. You might not be set up in the right spot as well, where you might be on top of a hump, instead of on the break. There is alot of factors when it comes to setting up for spearing. Wish you luck

hey thanks, i only got out once this year. i guess next winter ill have to get more into this.

thats correct, you have to come to the get to gator and hang out, learn a few things there, and get to meet people

what? and when is that?

we are going to be doing two of them next year. We has one this year that was on Big Lake. We are going to be doing 2 of them next year

alright ill look into that

thanks

ya, i will have a post later this summer about the times and when we are going to be out. Make sure you pitch in on where you might want to go then.

alright thanks for everything!

your welcome