Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boar

Antygood this past weekend any where?

16 posts in this topic

how did anyone do this past weeken an where were ya? boar

I was out on Zipple Bay. Hot Spot road. Fishing was pretty slow. Caught quite a few little ones, and nothing over 15, didn't keep any. Roads and weather very bad Sat. Only saw about 10 other trucks out there. Was kind of wondering what the heck I was doing out there???

how far down hot spot did ya go ?????

I stayed in over the weekend Boar! Even some of the resorts shut their fishing down on Saturday! I was out Thursday and Friday, Thursday so-so, Friday darn good, the evening Eye bite especially good. 22fow smack in the middle of the Muskeg.

fiskyknut

what is the Muskeg?

Muskeg Bay

where is that trying to learn the lake again after being gone so long

SW side of the pond. Draw a line from Rocky point to the South tip of Buffalo point and everything to the west would be Muskeg Bay.

Yea fisky I would have loved to been up there on friday with that system moving in like it did. boar

Was out of Zipple on Thurs-Sat. Gorgeous weather on the ice the first 2 days and the fishing was OK at best. Lots of little ones with the biggest 17" but we selectivley brought back a dozen each day (3 guys) and had 2 good fish frys. Saturday was brutal out there. Luckily we were able to go into a friends hard side. I heard a portable took a 2 mile ride in the wind and was stopped by a hard side house. Sat. we had to keep some smaller 10-11" sauger to top off our fish fry. It was a good trip.

Stayed in Sportsman's Sleepers Friday through Sunday. Saturday the fishing was good. We caught about 60 walleye or sauger for 2 of us and kept just short of our limit with nothing under 14 inches. Had a nice fish fry for supper and stayed extremely warm, even with the wind and cold temps. Sunday was a bit slower, but we end up coming home with our limit, again nothing under 14 inches. Biggest in the bucket was 18 inches, a few 17's, most of them 16 inchers. I'd say overall it was a pretty awesome trip. Thank you to all the Sportsman's guide for their hard work and risking themselves on Saturday to check on us and anyone else who was out there. We appreciate everything you did to make our trip comfortable!!!

Five bucks it's Pudge's brother Paul

SOunds like your going to LOW??

Nice looking dog

Hey Paul,

I just got back from LOW and won't be heading up till later in March, hopefully. Hailey (RIP) sure put out one good litter. Sorry to hear about her passing.

Thanks it was a tough one when Haley died but I have a new 5 month old black so I'm starting over... I have the itch to go fishing I haven't even been out this year the boys and I are going somewhere on Sat. just not sure where. Maybe Mille Lacs???

See Ya

PL

mnhunter I was about 1/2 mile off of Main St. I have an 8X20 white house with a flag. Will be there the 22n'd. Stop in for a cold one.

im headed up there in 5 mins.and i'll be up there next weekend also so i'll stop but fore sure.i'll have a report when i get back on monday.