Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Muzzy for Slug Hunting

11 posts in this topic

Just curious to see who shots a muzzy during the slug season.

I have a ML and love using it, but I don't use it in the regular firearm season. I hunt in the rifle zone and like using my rifles when I get the chance.

a buddy i hunt with uses one and has killed more deer with it than i have with my rifle \:\(

see i shoot mine as well during this season. Im not the type of guy that shoots alot of deer, i just go out looking for a nice buck, but i do love to shoot the muzzy this season, becuase the bucks are still in rutt, being that i hunt the third season.

When I'm hunting at home during the season I've got the TC on my shoulder.

I do and love it! Much more accurate than my shotgun at longer ranges, however, you only get one shot so it make it count!

thats what i like about it, the one shot. makes you really make sure that your taking the right shot at all times. that is why i do it. I feel it makes the hunt alot better for myself.

I will be this year, I have an Omega that I'll be putting a scope on for slug season

ya I scope my Omega up for the shotgun season and have QDC mounts so I can take it off for the muzzy season. Its a fun gun to shoot. I don't always use it, but sometimes do. I'm going to put the Nikon Omega scope on it this year, that's supposed to be the cat's meow with that BDC reticle.

All I use during any FA season is my ML. No desire to shoot anything else. took two nice does during the slug season and a dandy non typical during the ML season.

see im the same way. I only want to know that i have one shot, and by having that one shot, i have to make sure that i take a good one. Also, just like to know that i have more power behind it if i am shooting at a monster buck.