Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bison9

Help Needed

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I have been on a job in Stevens Point, WI for the past 3 months and have done very little ice fishing up here in this region. I am planning on getting out one of these days this week. I am looking for suggestions as to where to go. What lake should I hit? I am ideally looking for walleyes but am open to suggestions. I thought I would post on here and try to see what you all suggest before just using my eternal failsafe and traveling up to Devils automatically... \:\) You can e-mail me at tstauss@stratacominc.com if you don't want to post... Help!!

I am not sure how far you are willing to travel but I have been hearing reports of some eyes being caught on East Olaf Lake. Its a little hard to get to where the fish are biting since the access is on one side of the lake and the fishing is all the way on the other side. The last time I was out there you coudln't drive out but now I am sure you could get out there. Shoot me an email if I have completely confused you (I tend to do that).

Kywest, thanks for the tip. I am leaning towards hitting Devils I think for a one day trip tomorrow. I'll have to let you all know where I decide to go and what happens!

I have always wanted to hit up devils lake. I was out there probablly 15 years ago when I was..... carry the one.... 11 for a fishing tournament but thats all I have been out there. I hear you can actually catch some fish out there.

Indeed you can catch some really nice fish and some times get into some crazy numbers as well up at the ol Big Water. The best time by far to fish the thing, I think, is in April right after ice out and May. I have caught some real nice fish right after ice out, and I also went up there in May with my old man a couple years ago. We fishing bobs and jigs with leeches in the trees and got after em! Anyways, I decided against Devils for today - too much gas and too far away! So, I am taking the dog out to Pelican in a couple hours. We'll see if I can muster something up! I'll let you all know how I did.