Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan_V

report???

7 posts in this topic

Any reports from the weekend, or was everyone thinking the same thing I was and stayed home??? Heading up for a couple days this week. going to bring the wheeler and head out to the mid lake flats. just wondering if anyone is having any luck

Rian, dont let the bad weather stop you. Fishing is fun weather CATCHING or not!............ Thou Saterday night was wicked! Still fun!

We stayed at Dickies over the weekend and had a fun time (it was a slow bite). Caught some small perch and thats about all we saw on the camera below the house. We were portable on Friday and caught a couple jumbo's, a couple of the guys were portable Saturday morning and caught a few jumbos.

It was packed up at the bar at Hunters Point on Saturday for the Arctic Blast. Most of our group was up there all day expect for a few of us.......I finally stopped in for a beer after not catching anything but a few small perch all day. That place was packed.

Near white out conditions at times Saturday night.....very windy and cold. Two of the vehicles in our group would not start Sunday morning. -15* (actual temp) when we pulled off the lake around 11:00am.

Only thing we saw on the camera other then crayfish (a bunch of 2-3" perch): Picture022_small.jpg

Cold and windy Sunday morning:

Picture041_small.jpg

Picture047_small.jpg

Picture048_small.jpg

Nice pics! It was wicked!

At least you guys had beer \:\)

Myself and 4 others were out on sunday and managed to keep a few jumbos! Put the camera's down and there are Perch every where but man they would not take anything. We threw the box at them, bait presentations and just could not keep them interested long enough to bite. It was brutal out there this weekend but it was still a blast!

Saturday the bite was good with 2 of us catching 21 jumbos. At about 12:30 we had a good school come in and caught 8 in a row as fast as we could get our lines down. From then till we left Sunday it really got slow with only 4 more caught. Don't usually see to many eyes but Sunday am we saw a bunch on the camera (would not bite)and not to many perch. Not sure if it was the weather or the eyes but perch fishing was the slowest we have seen this winter on Sunday.

The weather was brutal. Just trying to gas up the generator was a challenge. At times I could not see my truck that was parked a few feet from my house.