Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SneakAttack

Night Bowfishing

11 posts in this topic

Was just going thru the regs for 2008 and noticed that night bowfishing will be allowed on selected lakes between June 1st thru August 31st. Anyone out there have a list or know where to find a list of these "selected" lakes? Thank You

the list is on the dnr website. I dont have the link in front of me.

Everyone needs to be very respecfull and use there best behavior. The DNR has the abillity to imediatly take a lake off the list if there are complaints from residents. So dont fish near homes and cabins. Also there are a few lakes that are highly developed and makes no since why these lakes are on the list. Other than the dnr is trying to set up a trap to take away night fishing. The Land of Lakes Bowfishing Association has work with the DNR for three years to get this law passed.

I am very excited for this!!!! Now I just need to find someone to fish with, or wire my boat for lights. After watching for all these years I cant wait.

man that would be great to get out and do some night shootin

there are alot bowfisherman in MN who have lights on there boat now how would take you out. Or a cheap way is to hook up a spot light to a battery and go out with two people. one guy holds the light while the other guy shoots. Thats how they shoot bighead carp down south.

has anyone found out what lakes we could do night shooting on? or havnt they decided yet?

i had one let me look around a little

i found it but...

i cant get the email i got onto my post because its in an PDF format if you want a copy of the email that was sent to me, let me know with a post or email and i will email it to you as soon as i get a chance

POOH

yes if you could that would be great!

jd_adams8@hotmail.com

any other takers on the "selected lakes" list for night bowfishing??

Originally Posted By: Pooh
any other takers on the "selected lakes" list for night bowfishing??

I'll take it also Thanks!

http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/bin/g...ction=6262.0600

This link should get you to the rule description and lake list, I believe this should be the final list for this year. As others have stated, use common sense. Watch your decibels if using a generator, don't shine lights at houses, don't leave fish in the lake or on shore lines. The LLBA is contacting many of the lake associations to notify them of the rule change and let them know what to expect from night bowfishing rigs. Also to expect a big increase in amount of unwanted carp removed from the lakes.