• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice thickness

rmc

I was up last weekend and we measured 22" at 8 miles out on hillmans road. Had a big wheel house and had a little water on the ice, but not bad.

We were up this weekend and were able to reach through the ice re-drilling the holes but the extension was essential to drilling the holes with the wheelhouse up when we re-set the house.

We fished off the south side of center bar 8th, 9th, 10th, and there was 22-23 inches of ice and about 6 inches of snow. When we left on Sunday afternoon there was about a 4 ft drift on 2 sides of the house and a good 2 ft on the other sides and around the pickup also there was about 2 to 3 inches of water on top of the ice. That wind was really something though wow.

What is bad about this is we are not seeing the ice growth we should, the snow is doing a good job keeping it skinny.

i figured it would thicker last year we came up on feb 18th and it was pretty thick we will be coming up next week thanks for the info hopefully we can catch ome slabs if we do will post some pics

Is it my imagination or is the lake level coming up a bit? Lotta water coming boilin' up when I drill holes the last couple of weeks.