Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice Ranger

Mike Sweeney

23 posts in this topic

Why didn't the Twins look into picking this guy up? The A's just signed him for next to nothing...

I'm glad to say he's out of the AL Central... But if he came that cheap, and the Twins are looking for another bat, why didn't they pick him up at that price?

IDK he's getting older and has had many injury problems. I see him really only being valuable at the DH spot seeing we have his defensive position covered. Theres one thing I know about him he's a certified Twins Killer.

I think we should have signed him. I don't think the Twins are going to make the playoffs so they could deal him at the deadline for a prospect if he was healthy. That is a big if though. I swear everytime he played against the Twins he would go 2-4 with a HR and a couple RBI's and Scott Baker would have a no hitter.

Its 3 months ago all over again. I should be the GM, I said this awhile ago, I would rather take a flyer on him than Piazza

The Twins will be bring too many pitchers and spare not firstbasemen when they head north so there's no room for Sweeney, or it seems, Clark, who could probably help this team.

I think it was out of spite for him Pinch Hitting to break up Baker's NO-NO!!!....actually, the Twins never sign veterans or spend $$$ on DH's. We might as well just get used to it.

I was actually at that game.. It was very exciting! Then I saw Sweeney come up on deck, and I just thought "SHOOT!".

To be honest I thought it was a little crappy on their part to even pitch hit in that situation. It is kinda one of those "unwritten" baseball rules when a guy has a no-no going...

I hear you, and I can see that.

But then again, you have to think about what it's like to be on the other side. How would you like to be no-hit by a young pitcher?

I guess I really don't know what to think. It could go either way.

If I'm the Royals in that situation I don't want to get no hit. I pull out all the stops.

Originally Posted By: Coach1310
I think it was out of spite for him Pinch Hitting to break up Baker's NO-NO!!!....actually, the Twins never sign veterans or spend $$$ on DH's. We might as well just get used to it.

We just spent 2 seasons overpaying Rondell White, both a part time DH and vet. I think you meant the Twins never sign DECENT DHs or vets.

sorry, i meant GOOD veteran DH's

I know coach- I corrected ya there ;\) Last one the Twins went out and signed was probably Chili Davis, ahhhh the 91 season- what memories

Hey Coach,

What about Don Baylor in 87' oh yea, TWINS WIN, TWINS WIN, TWINS WIN.

This guy ALWAYS kills the Twins. I don't care who is pitching. He proves it yet again with a base-hit against Boof in 2nd to score a run.

WHY CAN'T THE TWINS GET THIS GUY OUT?!!

cause bonser cant get anyone out

Giving up 2 runs isn't exactly a bad start in my book. He didn't look good, but he got the job done.

.330 + career average vs. MN tells us it's not just Bonser giving up hits to him. ;\)

I had to say it so he'd settle down and so Guerrier would give up a jack to sweeny

That probably made the difference too. Put the pressure on our offense to put up 3 instead of 2. Delmon wouldn't have had to swing for the fences.... Boy that AB was ugly wasn't it.

ugly game in general... not very good ABs across the board! why can't sweeney be traded to an NL team so he won't see the twins??

Can't blame it all on Bonser, He gets little to no run support lately.

agreed...last time i checked, you need to score to win!!

THE TWINS GET ZERO RUN SUPPORT...turns out 2006 was a career year for guys like Mauer and Punto.

I am so sick of mauer watching his best pitch hit the catchers mit. And then later in the at bat hitting a picture perfect double play ball!

I thought this offense was going to score runs?