Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WTN4ICE

Pelican JC's Derby

10 posts in this topic

This was postponed till the 16th.Hopefully it will be a better day. Who's going ???

do they have a web site---- I'd like to see what the fee's and prizes are

I don't know if there is a web site but I found a poster on the 56572 (PR) blog. Raffle prizes: 1st place is 500.00 cash, 2nd place is 250.00, 3rd place is 150.00, 4th place is 125.00 and 5th place is 75.00

Prizes in each category: 1st place

Walleye-Vexilar (unknown which one)

Northern-Underwater camera (unknown which one)

Bass-Portable fishhouse (unknown which one)

Panfish-instant read hand held depth finder

2nd place

walleye Instant read hand held depth finder

Northern Mr. Heater

Bass Mr. Heater

Panfish Mr. Heater

It just says 10.00 a ticket. I dont know if that is the entry fee or for the raffle

Hey, WTN4ICE, wouldn't it be sort ironic if you won one of those Mr. Heaters as a prize.

The 10.00 covers the entry fee & puts you in for the raffle. They usually sell additional tickets for several augers.There is also a contest for "most unique fishing site" whatever that means.I always liked this derby because the rules are fairly loose. You are allowed to drive out,bring a porty,bring the kids,enjoy a beverage, bring the grill,just have fun & mabey catch something.Some years a t-shirt was enough other times we sat in the vehicle with 1lb coffee cans with charcoal burning to keep the holes open.Last year was very cold & windy luckly I had moved my camper unit there a week earlier.There were a few die hards sitting on buckets. I don't rough it quite that much anymore.

I will definatly be there. From the years past that you have fished this tournament, do the drill all the holes and is it restricted to a certain area?

Yeah any other information?

There will be roads plowed over a large area in front of the access this is the derby area. You can punch holes anywhere you like. Again the rules are pretty loose.The forcast looks like a decent day mid 20s possible flurries.It's a good derby to bring the whole family to.

I don't suppose you know roughly what the boundaries are for the tourney?

Rough guess 400yds x 400yds.

Oh ok, so basically right out in front of the access. Thanks much