Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrpohlman39

Anybody Braving the Cold Today?

14 posts in this topic

Just pondering if I am going out today... need an excuse. \:\)

I am braving the cold today by watching the Pro-Bowl in my warm house with a cold beer.

Good luck out there if you go! Be safe.

I'm not going today! It's not to cold, I just can't go! I would if I could!!!!

days like saturday and today are great for the permanent ice house ,always 70 in the house

Amen to that.

Call me a fair weather fisherman, but I'll sit on the computer and talk fishing today.

That ain't all bad either...

Hey TO has there been anymore talk on the summer tourneys around lake sarah, I know there was talk of hitting the different lakes in sw mn but havent heard anything else. sounds like a good time, something different.

Haven't heard. Keep an eye in the SW MN forum for more details as they become available.

I am going out in a bit, should be plenty of ice for rum and cokes right now.

I think I'm good for awhile. Thanks.

Hint, hint...

I went out from 8-1 today.Actually was not bad out there.The only frost build up i had was on the inside of my tub where it was facing the -40 wind.The thinsulate material is well worth the extra money to me.The carp were hanging around my camera sitting on the bottom right in front of it.

A little off topic but i survived the ice-fishing contest on Le Homme Dieu in Alexandria yesterday, got out of the the truck at 11:30am with the truck gauge reading 8 degrees and sat in my chair trying to fish until 3:00pm then got back in the truck and the gauge read -5 degrees, and with the wind howling in was absolutly brutal. No fish were caught in the group of 16 but it was money well spent and went towards a good cause.

I was out Saturday morning, it wasnt to bad. I had full intentions on going out Sunday morning, but I over slept. Then figured I would go out in the afternoon, but decided to watch football, hockey, and basketball. I figured there is going to be plenty of days to get out on the ice yet this year, the way the weather is going.