Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwhjr

Big Buddy Fan

14 posts in this topic

Since there aren't enough threads about Big Buddy heaters lately I thought I'd start another... I was wondering how long those who use the batteries for the fan typically get as far as hours of use out of them? I just used my new one for the first time yesterday and it got me to thinking.

the batts do not last long in the cold. i read on another site about someone wiring up a 12 volt vex bat with a converter to convert to 6 volts says it last a long time and is rechargable.

I just got my big buddy for christmas and i haven't used it that much yet. I used it for about half a day each through a 6-day fishing trip. one of the days was all day. A couple times the fan got turned on in transit also on that trip. But since then i maybe have used it once, maybe twice. I like to fish outside when possible. The batteries are still just fine. I also usually keep the heater in my apartment when i am not fishing (20 lb tank stays in the truck).

My batteries lasted a whole season on my Big Buddy in my Otter Lodge. Granted I only needed to use the fan on the coldest days of fishing though.

I quit putting them in because it always got bumped bouncing across the lake and turned on.

Originally Posted By: anyfishwilldo
I quit putting them in because it always got bumped bouncing across the lake and turned on.

Me too....

Does anybody have the power adapter?... From Mr Heater or home made?

Radio shack 6 volt dc cig lighter adapter cord to my power tower will last longer than I stay out. Power tower is huge but only one thing to charge when I come off the lake.

I can't remember the last time I had to replace them, but I don't use it often. I do, however, incorporate a really expensive 4 inch piece of electrical tape to keep the switch off when in transport grin.gif

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I'll keep in mind the issue of it turning on in transport. I don't know if I can afford Coach1310's solution grin.gif

What size batteries do they use and how many? Mines packed in the tub and I'm headed out tonight and forgot to get batteries.

thanks

4 D cell.

LB

Thanks.

I never been able to figure out how long they last because I always end up leaving mine on and the batteries are always dead when I want to use it again

They use 4 D sized batteries.