Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lunker

Mid March trip advice

7 posts in this topic

Situation-

A couple of buddies and myself are looking to plan a mid-march trip up to LOW. We'd like to do a couple days/nights in a sleeper during the week. I am not very familiar with the area, and wading through all of the reports, ads, etc online is more frustrating than anything. Was wondering if anyone has any advice. Basically how the fishing typically is then, where should we head and maybe even who we should rent from.

Thanks for any help. aadey402@uwsp.edu is my email if you want to name an outfit to go through.

Click on the Riverbend Link on top of the Lake of the Woods forum and email them. I used them in January and am using them again in March. You might want to re evauluate using a daytime house and spend the evening in the resort. If it is only two of you going th price will be similar however it is a lot more comfortable. Lake of the Woods does not give up a lot of fish at night.

zipple bay is also a nice place.there sleepers are very big and roomy.in march fishing is great all over the lake.

Mid to late March can be awesome on the big water. I am headedd back for the 8th year in late March and have always had great fishing. I try to make 4 trips a year and this is one of my favorites. Riverbend has been our resort of choice and we have no complaints. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Try Lyons Sleepers. Great Service and nice guys. We've always had great luck.

Thanks for the advice and emails everybody. I was reading the regs and though I understand the different regs, I'm not familiar with the lake enough to know the different areas(I've been on the rainy but that's it). Are either Zipple or Riverbend on areas that have special regs other than the 8 eye/sauger mix?

Just the 30 to 40 inch Pike safe slot. No slot on Saugers.

19.5 to 28 Walleyes must be released. You can clean Walleyes in

the fish house to eat, but not the entire catch.