Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishingchris

Diamond

fishingchris

has anyone been out to diamond latley? i havent been out there yet this year so was wondering how things were going out there?

Sartell Angler

have been out a few times with mixed success. Lots of houses out there a few weeks ago but the last time I was there a lot were gone so I'm thinking the action is decreasing.

riverrat56

I've been doing very well up there, just get away from everyone, way away. Everyone is in small areas but the crappies are all over, I've caught them every place I have been just as long as I wasn't close to anyone.

jigginjim

I have not been on the lake for some time. Sounds like the poor lake is get hammered hard.

slurpie

I spoke with a DNR offical while i was fishing out on green a week ago, and he said the average size crappie now being kept is 7". Thats really sad i remember going out there a few years ago and catching alot of 12" plus crappies. SO I asked him why they are not out there trying to give people over limit tickets and his reply was it takes to much time to catch people in this act.. Didnt know what to reply to that , frustrating answer. But yes the lake has been hit very hard and from what i hear not many people have heard of catch and release yet.

jigginjim

If these want 7-8" crappies Bryant lake in the cities has millions of them. I have brought kids out there fishing for years. You can catch your limit in 30 minutes or less,if your on the fish.

LEECH21

Just got off of Diamond. Stayed away from the crowds. Not much going. A few small perch and some smaller eater sized eyes. Didn't feel like filleting anything tonight so back they went. Plus, I think enough fish have already been killed from that lake this year \:\(

Gonna try a different lake tomorrow....

Sartell Angler

Diamond is a pretty good sized lake but I imagine it will take some time to recover from the harvest that has taken place out there this winter.

Hoping the walleyes weren't hit as hard as the crappies and there are still a good number of those in my future for the open water season. Otherwise there is always beer and jet skis I suppose.

LEECH21

Thats a pretty good plan "B".......as long as they are not done at the same time grin.gif

Slab-Slayer

How many crappies remain in Diamond? This is getting out of hand

slim1

I'm not sure but my suggestion is to try other lakes, there biting on a lot of them in the area

Sartell Angler

I heard 3, but one may or may not have been caught last weekend with the brief warm-up.

Good point Leech, I try to separate the two activities as much as possible!

bassNspear

this is usally a hot lake for eyes?

sparcebag

Ha Ha Ha probably not anymore,after everyone out there keepin everything!

coolhand

I was out on Diamond last weekend and caught a few crappies for a meal. I have never seen so many fishhouses on a lake of that size before. I did notice that there were alot of crappies in the 6-7 inch range and alot of 9-10 inch range. I think that the lake should be ok for another year if they all ain't caught this spring. This was my first and only trip there for the season. The way the fish were being caught reminds me of Red Lake in the days of the big Crappie bite.

sparcebag

Last weekend half the houses were gone!

bassNspear

ya, thats crazy that a lake that was always so awesome for eyes, has died that much. I cant believe that. But like you said, if everyone is taking everything home, thats not good at all. Most of them should have been C&R!!