Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husker_crappie

homemade Reel Lines

4 posts in this topic

I made some homemade reel lines the other night only spent around $20 to make and it made 4 lines with about 4-6 ft of the weeds on it, Im not going to lie I was a little worried if it was going to work. Set up last night in the crappie hole and after about 1hr the fish started to sit in the lines and around them, my buddy thought I was a fool until then and we started hitting the fish, we even pulled a nice muskie up on the tip up, have only heard of them been caught never seen them, it was awsome, few of the other guys fishing around me were amazed, so I highly would try it out

How much ice do you have down in Nebraska?

we have about 10-12 inches of ice

A buddy of mine made his own reel weeds type structure a couple months back and still hasn't tried them. He don't get out on the ice all that much, but I'll have to let him know about the success of your weeds so he can get out and give his a shot.