Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackdog1101

Minnetonka Pannie Report

3 posts in this topic

Fished Phelps Bay from about 6:30 - 9:30 last night. Had a blast. Perfect night, nice temps, no wind. We drilled 2 holes in 30 feet and immediately marked fish. We were marking fish consistently for all 3 hours, never needed to drill more holes.

Son used the flasher, and had a small Swedish Pimple on his line tipped with a waxie. I was fishing blind with a 1/32 black Ratso.

I had "one of those nights" where my line got tangled, and another time broke, and a third time lost a jig, so it seemed I spent half my time re-rigging. Son quietly caught a number of fish while I was fixing my messes. Once I got my tangles undone I managed to catch a few fish, but he cleaned my clock. Overall we caught about 20 fish, kept 7 for beakfast today, but he caught more fish and bigger fish than I did tonight. But I was fishing with my son, so who's complaining? \:\)

Here's a picture of him with a nice 10"er, biggest fish of the night.

Picture183.jpg[

That smile says it all Blackdog!! My son is 11yr and is deffinetly my fishing buddy. Love going out and getting the kids some action. Sounds like my reports when I take him out, they usually out fish the old guys but thats the way I like it. I think I am heading out to Tonka tomorrow with some buddies and I'm sure my son will be right there with us. Nice report

Nice Report, Great pic!, Good to see the kids getting out, I can't wait till my son is a little older and can sit still long enough to cross some eyes.