• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

eagle lake

i went out there today with a couple of friends and i caught a 40" in muskie and about 50 crappies between us 3 any one else fish the lake with any luck?

was it a tiger or natural strain muskie? lake has big skies in it... 52 came out of there last summer. can i ask where about or what depth you were fishing, can you drive out there? i live in MG and would like to try that lake during ice season but have never been out. can you drive on from the east access?

thanks

its in maple grove and it was a regular muskie

you can drive all the way from the access to the 30ft hole in the south end and thats where i was fishing

I don't believe there are tiger muskies in eagle, maybe i'm mistaken. Evinrude, where were u when u got the ski? tip up i assume, big sucker? I live in maple grove and fish eagle alot open water, never tried it hard water. and shaggz was saying the 52" was caught, that was my friend himself. if i knew how to post pics i would. Might try throwin tip ups out all day, otherwise not worth to time for crappies

it was actualy a mistake i droped down a little diamond jig with a waxxie and the line just started running and i had 4 pound test line and let me tell you that was a fight lol but i went out today and got about 30 crappies but no ski cry.gif lol

was out on sat. night, very cold and windy, almost lost my portable a couple of times, caught about 10 crappies, 2 keepers rest were pretty small aboutg 7-8 inchers, biggest was 11 inches. was in about 21 feet, wonder if you have more luck the deeper you get. looked like someone had lost their tarp to their portable out near the 30 foot hole... now it's just a wood skelaton.

40" ski on waxies, now that is odd! i know eyes or pike would hit that rig, but never thought a muskie would take it, guess he wanted a lil appetizer! nice catch none the less

yah i seen that wooden house it used to be a regular blue tarp but who knows where it is know lol i went out sunday and it was even worse than saturday i think.

Howdy!

Got the day off today, wondering what the ice is like on eagle? Can I get a Ford Explorer on? Thanks!

-MM-

yes i know they're out of season. How couldn't any fisherman not know after the tonka monster... I only fish skis or walleye open water, so I always like seein em. But if you were to go on eagle and throw some tip ups out, your chances are equal of gettin a ski or pike. my friend that lives on the lake got a 39" fishin for crappies, he got a 14.5" crappie out of eagle this winter... it's hard for me to believe that

i find that hard to believe also becuase i have fished that lake for around 5 years and my biggest is only a 11" crappie out there

Theres a few big Crappies in almost every lake. Theres probably a Big Waxie eating Muskie too! ;\)

I believe him thought, no reason to lie.. like moby said, every lake has big fish. people can't catch all of the biggens, im sure there are a 100 crappies 14+ in there, they jus feed on sources no where near anyone fishes. [PoorWordUsage], they could be sittin in pike lake and never seen a lure before

I was out there on Sunday afternoon. Was in about 27 fow. It started out slow but picked up nicely around 1. My buddy and I caught a total of 19 crappies. Most were small but had about 5-6 keepers. Let them all go though.

i think next time i go out there i am gonna try somewhere else because i think the bigger ones have got on and dont hang out by the south bay IMO

I'm a first time poster. I live by eagle lake but have never fished it. I read the thread. Any ballpark hints as to where and what time to setup for possible crappie action this Sat? Much appreciated.

I've only fished there a couple times this year, but try the SE side. Check a DNR map and find the bowl that's over 35 ft deep. If you have a fish finder/flasher, you'll want that. The fish are all suspended and could be anywhere from 8 - 24 ft in 32 FOW. It'll make it much easier to find them. I've caught them at 10am-noon and from 5:30-8pm, so it's not just a once a day bite. Good luck. Most are small, but if you get on a school, it can be entertaining.

i usually have luck at the bowl also but small crappies but i have good luck at any time of the day morning is the best i have had luck at 7-11 am

Pike Lake used to average about 11 to 12 inches years ago, now if u get a 10 incher that would be great at Pike, but there's no 14 inchers in there, maybe like a dolzen tops, and that's pushing it, i wouldn't even fish eagle for crappes, they're all small, by luck you'll catch a decent one. There's better lakes than those.