• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi,

Can anyone share any tips on catching splake? I've done some fishing for rainbows and lakers but not splake. Any information would be helpful, oh, and the lakes you've fished for them, too. Thank you,

Chad

have caught splake anywhere from 5 to 80 foot of water. Used to fish Kramer lake -start in 12 ft and work my way out to deep water. When fishin deep you need electronics cause the fish would come in any where from 50 ft to 10 ft below the ice. I used brined minnows (1/2) or waxies on a small jiggin spoon. Fished a lake up by Ely a few weeks ago and caught everything in 5 to 9 ft. of water. Haven't fished Kramer for a couple years but we used to pick up browns now and then too. I would have to say that most poeple fish splake in 20 ft or less.

If you don't mind traveling a little farther north, Larson lake near Effie has some dandy splake. The state record came out of there a few times.

I'm planning on hitting Larson Lake this weekend...would anyone on this thread have any hints or suggestions on lures, depths, areas, etc.