Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzzin for bass

Resorts

10 posts in this topic

I am planning a family vacation, four adults and two children (at the time of the trip the children will be under 9 months so activities for the kids isn't really an issue). I am thinking about booking my first stay at Fox Lake Resort and am looking for some input from people who have stayed there or fished on Fox Lake. The other main contender at this point would be Spider Lake Resort (I've never stayed there before, but heard good things and have fished the lake many times). The first obvious difference as an angler is the availability of Muskies on Spider, but it sounds like Fox would offer a little more peace and quite. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Buzzin,

Fox lake is a great lake and is pretty quiet. Some pig slimmers roam that one. Your chioce of Spider for Muskies is decent. The good thing about this area is the lakes around you produce some big fish. I am pretty bias when it comes to refering resorts as we own one but I think you will be happy with any resort in the Grand Rapids area! If you truly love the bass fishing, there are a bunch of quality lakes in that area. Have fun and good luck!!

We have been guests at Spider Shores for the last 8 years and some in our group have been there for 30 plus years. Last Sept we caught our biggest walleyes 6.5 and 9.0 lbs. We always do well on crappies, bass, and althought we don't fish for muskie on numerous occasions they have chased our largemouth bass back to the boat as we pulled them in. John and family have upgraded the already very nice facilities. It is a quiet lake with very few homes on the coastline of the two lower portions of the lake. We will be there again in Sept. Eagle and loons are sometime our only company in Sept. We drive 750 miles to get there because we catch fish and are treated very well. Best Wishes for a great trip.

Eric, your bias is well deserved. As soon as the kids are a little older and can enjoy all the great things you guys offer North Star will be at the top of the list. Actually you got me my first musky several years ago out there in the south east bay and I've been hooked on those massive beasts ever since. I've been coming to the area for decades now and am quite familiar with a lot of those great little lakes, I've just never been on or talked to anyone about Fox. I'm just trying to determine if the added price (from Spider to Fox) is worth it for us this summer, my buddy who will be up with us has some leave from the army and will be back in the state for a couple of weeks. I'm just trying to maximize our time.

Did I take you and a buddy out? I think your picture is up on our website. Anytime you have a question with lakes in our area don't hesitate to give me a call. Contact the resort and we'll get in touch. There are soooooooo many great lake up here it'll make your head spin! Give me a call and lets break that 50" mark ! Wife finally let me get that new boat I've been talking about for years!!!

Never been to either resort mentioned, but if they don't work out try Williams Narrows resort on Cutfoot Sioux. Access to Winnibigoshish(muskies), Cutfoot has miles and miles of undeveloped shoreline. Great resort. Great people. Most of all, GREAT FISHING!

Yes, it was me with a buddy and there is a pic on your website with you and myself and a musky. Looks like we (my wife, new son, another couple and their new daughter) will be up June 21 through 28. If you're available during that time I would love to take advantage of that, the stories alone were well worth the money not to mention the musky. I've got to talk to the couple we're coming up with to figure things out, which may take a little bit cause he is in the army and is out on a training mission right now for a couple of weeks. Once I talk to him I'll be calling up there to get in touch with you, it'll be fun to see the new boat.

Fox Lake is a good place but im partial to Arcadia Resort on Big Turtle Lake its about ten miles(maybe) north of Foz lake

Have you ever guided on Big Turtle Lake?

I (we) stayed at Arcadia about 5 yrs ago.

( Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,thank-you.)