• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tonka Ice

long caster

Thinking of hitting tonka for the first time this year after work. Are people accessing the lake from the north side of Brown's Bay this year? If so, are people driving full size pickups?

Hope to find some crappies, any one having luck in this area? Thanks for any input, will post my results...

As of last week the ice was thicker than the length of my ice scoop. Prolly 2 feet if not more now.

I have friends who've been driving on the North side of Brown's for a couple weeks, sounds like they've caught a few walleyes in the evenings only, but no crappies.

Thanks everyone. Ended up going out of browns bay drive on access. its a bit burly getting off the lake due to the steep slope. Ended up trying some new locations on the east side of the bay. Caught a some crappies, but nothing to brag about. Hope to try it again this weekend.

I usually drive on where the shore meets the ice.......

MN- interested in going out this weekend?

Give me a call.

John

Just north of the marina on hwy 15. There is a small parking lot and a access point.