• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bow advice

fishin58

I am looking at buying a bow used it is a 2006 Parker Hunter Mag Outfitter Package . Does anybody have any experience with this bow. Please let me know. Thanks

I dont have any experience with that bow. I would say shoot it if you like how it feels and how it shoots go for it. If your comfortable with it then you cant go wrong.

Welcome to FM Bowhunter 23... good advice... If it feels good, go for it..

Parker have a tendancy to be a tad louder than some bows and have a little more hand shock in my opinion(Which isn't worth much).. but they still make a quality bow.

Looking to buy on another site, only problem is that its in texas..he has the bow for 250..which seems like a good price..so I would not be able to try it out, I have an old PSE now..I have a 30 inch draw and have my bow set at 65lbs. but my bow is old circa 96'.

Buy the best bow you can afford and that feels good then you'll have no regerets. I'm not to big on Parkers but I'm sure they have some quality bows.

I wouldnt buy it, not because of the kind of bow it is, but for the simple fact that you cant shoot it first. I would never ever buy a bow that I could not shoot first. Unless the guy has a guaranteed return policy, I would stay away from it.

I'm also new to archery and just getting into it with a 2007 Parker Wildfire XP package. I like the way it feels and shoots. Plenty fast enough for me, very lightweight and relatively quiet. It came with the site, rest and quiver. My brother, who owns a Matthews Drenalin, shot my Parker a couple of times and liked the way it felt. I'm sure I will eventually upgrade, but for now my (what some would consider entry level) Parker is helping me learn the game. My suggestion to you is the same as everyone else's - shoot it first before you buy. Good luck!

PS - I called their customer service about some vibration noise after a month or two of shooting. They got back to me right away with some good tips and info.

With looking at used bows be aware. some brands the warranty is voided if it's an used bow. FYI

i shoot a hunter mag and i like it just fine. like others said it isn't the quietest bow but it shoots well. i would recomend going to a pro shot and shooting some bows. Find out what ones are right for you.

Thanks guys for your imput, but like some have said shoot it first, but he lives in TEXAS..so I guess I will pass on it.. I guess some other guys prolly have considered a bow over the net before. I hope others read this and heed the experts opinion and pass on some of the net stuff. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

just wondering what tips and advise parker gave you for vibration and noise? i just put a parker frontier 2-plus on layaway.

That parker looks alot like the mathews. Has anyone shot the new Mathews DXT?

The DXT shoots just like the Drenalin. Neither of which shoots as nice as the Switchback XT IMO.

Funny, I got my Switchback XT on Ebay. The guys feedback was 100% positive and I was able to email him with a couple of questions, he got back to me pretty quickly. I bought the bow sight unseen and was even happier when I got it, he never said that it would include a matthews quiver, only the sight and rest. It was a risk that I'm glad I took. I would be a little concerned that the price on the Parker is so low. I also shot the switchback XT a few times and new that I liked it, so it was a little different for me, I new what I wanted and was able to shop. If you are looking for a bow, shoot a bunch of them, and then you can look for used one like the one you shot.

scheels had two parkers left, one was a package deal and the other was just bow. I chose the plain bow, i took my sight and rip cord off my previous bow. i did shoot all the other brands they had. IMO the parker was just as smooth (except matthews) and it was the fastest shooting out of the ones i shot. the only thing i can think of is they were on close out before the 08's came in. they were not used bows.