• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Change a permit zone

portageman

This a question on the DNR office can answer. I would say that it is very unlikely that you could change zones on a permit drawing.

You may be able to purchase a surplus tag though as long as you don't buy the lottery tag.

you will not be able to change zones one they have drawn, I ran into that a lot with doe permits when I worked in a sporting goods store, DNR says it isn't there job to know where you are hunting, that it is in a nut shell.

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke

You may be able to purchase a surplus tag though as long as you don't buy the lottery tag.

I hope this isn't true. It wouldn't surprise me though. We need some reform in our states great idea of the "lottery system."

CW

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke

You are not eligible for a surplus or archry tag if you were successful in the lottery drawing.

Thanks for the clarity. I was not sure, but if the person was going to call I figured that might be a possibility.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Only reason I knew Andy was that someone else asked last season and I checked it out for them. They had been drawn but a change in plans ruled out the week they were drawn for and they hoped to do the archery hunt instead.

I did contact the DNR via email. They said I could purchase a surplus permit as long as i did not purchase the lottery permit.

Nothing against you portageman, but I assume you will retain your preferance points for next years "lottery"?

CW

Yes - They said that if you purchase the surplus permit you do not earn a preference point.

Just to clarify - I have never turkey hunted before and did not have a hunting spot lined up when I had to apply back in Dec. I took my best guess, and applied for late season in order to increase my chances of getting drawn. There are many permits left for the season and zone for which I was drawn and I would be purchasing a surplus permit if I decide to change zones - it doesnt really seem like I am screwing anyone out of a permit. I had no preference points to begin with, if I purchase a surplus I will have none. Am I breaking some rules of etiquette?