Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
murfdog13

Mississippi River

10 posts in this topic

Fished the miss for the first time through the ice the other day with little luck, Anyone on here fishin the river at all with any success?

I have fished the miss this winter but have had little success. I fish in between the sartell dam and rice bridge and not to much luck this season. Just wondering but were you fishing on top or below the sartell dam when you went out?

i was right in front of the sartel boat launch between the rice bridge and sartel

I've picked up a few here and there down by Sartell below the dam. There are lots of guys out there, though, and I haven't seen many people catch much. I know that you can catch some nice cats, though, so I went out and got into a few of those. I even ate one, and it was actually pretty good!

I've heard lots of talk of people catching good numbers of walleyes below the Sartell Dam, but every time I've been there (six or ten times, I'd say) it's been pretty slow, so I don't know if there's any truth to the rumors. In all of my trips there this year, I'd say I've got eight keeper walleyes, with a few cigars thrown in.

I've also done some fishing up between Sartell and Rice by that old abandoned bar/restaurant...I don't know what it's called. I've never caught anythign up there, but I've seen some permanent houses out there, so I'd imagine either kids are drinking beer or people are catching fish...

Carl

"The old abandoned" thing i think you are talking about was called pirates cove but it burned down a while back. Has anyone been fishing above the dam by the ice breakers or in that little bay just across from there.

there is also the old Gilligan's up further.

I think he could be talking about the Rivers Edge bar and grill, Ive seen houses by the ice breakers but i never fished it

Been down below the Sartell dam five times this year, 2 10" walleyes to show for it and a couple slimy eelpout. Cops also chased me off last time too, not worth it at all. The chain is a much better option for eyes imo.

Yup alot of work up on the river. Anyone been in above the CR 2 bridge out by rice?

Yup...I think it's Rivers Edge...There's a little access there and a small parking lot. I've been there a few times but have yet to see a fish on the flasher.