Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingspade651

Mazaska(Fairibault)

5 posts in this topic

Just curious how this lake and maybe shields are doin. Any nice crappies? I'm about a half hour north of here and thought about takin a drive down one day to give it a try. Have pulled some nice crappies out of shields and a nice walleye out of fox

I haven't made it over there lately, but there has been a lot of action over there. you can also type in Mazaska in the search funtion tool & see what folks on here have reported in the last 4-5 weeks.

Good Luck!

\:D

Bite is still there if you are willing to search a little, but the size has dramatically went down. Knowing this lake the shallow water bite is just around the corner, I can't wait to fish in water less than 30+. It has been a while.

HIya again Mark. My response to you on the other thread dissappeared. Give me a call if ya still have my #, or I'll try & call ya over the weekend.

& Thanks for your report/post.

JB

Anyone have any reports on shields lake? Just wondering if any nice sunnies are being caught out there.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Thanks! I'm glad to be here and so far absolutely love this state. The cold didn't bother me one bit and I learned that ice fishing is fun.    People look down on spinnerbaits? Never heard that but it wouldn't bother me if they did. I'll fish my way and they can fish their way.   Roland is absolutely right. I've noticed that there seem to be an abundance of bass in that 2-5 pound class, at least where I fish. I hardly ever find a skinny bass, they're all footballs.   Really I enjoy the pike though. They are great fighters and great tasting. Of course we don't have those down south and I've really grown to appreciate them. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Jeff_s, Welcome to FM and the Vermilion Forum! Cliff
    • eyeguy 54
      There is a tank of leeches over by their water tank. They're stopping by later so they can go fishing. Gotta love our language. HA! 
    • jeff_s
    • leech~~
        Are you from Canada? Too?
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I always use only 1/2 crawler mainly because it is all that is needed to get walleyes to bite. It also more closely resembles the molting rusty crayfish and Mayfly nymphs that the walleyes are eating. The 1/2 crawler also works well when the walleyes are feeding on young-of-the-year perch. It works much better then using a crappie minnow on my rigs for some reason. I have tried both on different lines at the same time and the crawler will out fish the crappie minnow every time! Does not make sense when they are eating minnows, but that is the way it is. I always had problems with the walleyes stealing my bait when I used a whole crawler too. If I fed a whole crawler to the fish long enough for them to eat it, I almost always gut hooked the fish. One of my clients boated a 27-1/2 inch walleye today using 1/2 crawler, a red hook, and a green glow bead. Cliff  
    • Chevy Nation
      I was wondering if and there is any good fishing in Hastings during the summertime lake Rebecca, lake Isabella, Vermilion River, or anywhere off the banks of the Mississippi? I haven't caught anything yet this year and I am itching to catch anything now. Just a fyi I just bank fish.   Thanks in advance!
    • ZachD
    • ZachD
      No I have not been able to fish the Rum lately been crazy busy with work have not had a day off in 20 days my next day off wont be until July 1st but I will be going up north. Been meaning to but the couple days I was able to get out it was always raining!
    • sartellangler05
      I'm debating whether to bring my small fishing boat on a camping trip with the inlaws last weekend iinJuly. Is it worth it fishing this time of year. We are staying in the Whipolt bay. If I do fish it may be after dark when kids are sleeping. Would be open to catching both walleyes and/or panfish. Send me advice please as I have fished the lake only once.