Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cove

Is night fishing worth it?

8 posts in this topic

Working a 12 day stretch of days and now I see the coming week end is going to have an outbreak of arctic air.

I have been thinking of fishing in the dark, after work, Friday night, so deperate am I to wet a line. Could run out on Zumbro or Chester or somewhere crappies are likely to be found. Is that a waste of time? I am talking about 6 pm - 9 pm, something like that. Drilling and setting up in the dark would be an experience but I think I could swing it and would if you folks think it would be likely to see some action.

Also, is this artic air going to kill fishing this week end?

I work nights myself 5pm-130am. I do alot of my fishing after i get off work, so i can honostly say that it can be just as good at night as it is in the daytime. For one u usually have the entire lake to yourself and two when i go out i usually am on the water when the sun is comming up, so i dont have to hustle out of bed and try to get to the lake before the morning bite is over. As far as setting up if u do enough fishing in the dark u quickly find out what things are needed as far as lighting goes...all in all i think its a good time and worth trying out...good luck

On a lot of water, that time period (6-9 PM) is great for fishing. & the 2 back to back low pres. fronts coming in Fri.-Sat. shouldn't hurt the chances either.

Good Luck !

I do most of my panfishing during those hours you mentioned. It's a great time to be out there. The fish in many of our area bodies of water are just as active after dark as they are during the daylight. I wouldn't let the time of day dictate whether your going fishing or not.

THanks for the post, Deerfishin.

That gives me some encouragement.

It would be Crappie mostly, at night around here I imagine.

Yeah, Thanks MNSportsman.

I'm building momentum to try it tomorrow night.

Thanks for the input, Tyler. That does it. I am going.

If I wait until Sat morning looks like wind is going to go wild.

I've had problems with KEEPING THE HOLES OPEN to me that is the down side of fishing in really cold weather.