Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hunting_Fishing_Junkie

Round Lake Tourney

8 posts in this topic

Just letting people know that there is a tournament on Round lake on Saturday. And seeing if anybody was planning on attending it? It is from 12-3 with registration starting at 10. The entry fee is $10.

I will be there with bells on! Gotta support the great efforts of the RLSC

Going to find out why those wind turbines are in the area come Saturday. Will they cancel that tourney with the cold and wind forecast?

Originally Posted By: Hunting_Fishing_Junkie
Just letting people know that there is a tournament on Round lake on Saturday. And seeing if anybody was planning on attending it? It is from 12-3 with registration starting at 10. The entry fee is $10.

What are the rules for the tournament, and who or where does one need to go for joining the tournament .

when I went two years ago, you just check in on the east side boat landing. You can fish out of a house or on pails your choice anywhere on the lake.

Jared basically said the rules right there. There are people monitoring all the lake, and you can fish anywhere on the lake, must bring live fish to weigh in, 15 inch minimum I believe on any Walleye, 1 fish weigh in. Register at East Side Acres Campground of course located on the east side, right by the boat landing. Great prizes, from augers and more. They are a great small town outdoors group with a LONG history of land and water giving. They give away a 4 wheeler and trailer every year as well, as doing their annual pheasant feed and mulligan stew which is March 15th this year.

Come have som fun and see if you can get in on the great prize list. Registration will for sure start by 10am with official fishing starting at noon. I think it was last year that within a half hour after the tournament finished one of the houses caught a 9 to 10lber. hehehehe, nothing like great timing!

Yes there is a 15" minimum, I know there are cash prizes as well as other great prizes as muc stated. There is also a chance for a raffle which also costs $10. I know that kids do fish free (under 14 i think). So bring the kids for some fun. I hope to attend and not blow across the lake in the portable! hopefully the weather will cooperate. Id be devastated to catch a trophy 30 min after the tourney, but hey I would take a 9-10 pounder anytime. Round lake also throws a great tourney in the summer, annual horned trout tournament, great times on the mud hole.

Just got an update!!!! I will start another post to make it more visable. The Tournament is Postponed to Feb 16th due to predicted weather. same time same place.