Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wallmaster

Bavaria

5 posts in this topic

Has anybody fish this lake during the winter? I have taken some nice crappies in the spring near the landing. Caught some nice size Northerns also and caught a 6' ugly stick with real.

Bavaria isn't real well known for being an ice fishing lake. I have also taken decent crappies and sunfish from the lake. It's just not a very good ice fishing lake for me at least.

We fishd Bavaria this summer and NOTHING but tiny sunfish. Sounds like we should give the bay near the landing a try in the spring though...

Havent seen anybody really out there but when i drove by there today i saw there was a permanent right on the west end of the lake. I am not sure how longs he's been out there but i dont think its been out there more than a week. The owner was just driving off as i pulled into the access but i didnt have a chance to chat with him. I was on my way home from another lake but i just couldnt resist the chance to hop down there and fish it so i grabbed the locator the hand auger and a rod and walked out in front of the access. Drilled in 19 fow and dropped the jig down. It only took a few seconds to spot a few fish come off the bottom and take a wiff. After missing a couple i pulled it up and it was just a dinky sunfish. So i just moved out deeper and didnt have any luck in 30 fow. Then went into 9 fow on the weed edge and gave it a few minutes with no luck so i just packed up becuase i had to get home. I was only there about 20 min and maybe if i would have stuck around i would have caught something decent.

Thanks for the post, at least you saw something. I know their is some nice ones in their. To bad the dude in the house wasn't in their. Curious to hear how you would have done if you could have spent a little more time. Might try her after it warms up a little bit.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• biff
      Hmmm...getting a prosthetic foot and attaching hooks now
    • fishingtime13
      Im wanting to go and fish the missisippi river by my place, there is a little inlet with some down trees, a drop off  and a little bridge that goes over the inlet. Its off of east river road at the end of 79th.  I believe its called riverview heights park. My questions is, has anyone gone fishing there? I see people there quite often and have chatted with them a little bit, but haven't gotten much out of them. It looks promising for some largemouth and catfish. if you have fished there what works good? and are they biting now? I will be there at about 5 am tomorrow morning.
    • monstermoose78
      This rain is keeping the rum muddy.
    • redlabguy
      Nuts, I had to leave Fraser on Monday for some business and a trip, but I think your MO is the right one. However, there are a lot of small (10-12") fish on the reef tops as of Sunday. You might try deeper water just off the tops. I'm not a fan of bobber fishing (like to feel the bite) but it's been a consistent winning method. Dick
    • monstermoose78
      He is huge 
    • fisherjmb
      Thanks for the info guys. We did end up going and launching at Beanies. Ten bucks to launch. Not too bad. There is a for sale by owner sign posted there but it's obviously private for now. As for the fishing, it was slow. Pulled the plug at noon and headed for the Mississippi. Did much better there.
    • JB18
      i wanted a yellow lab and got over ruled on the chocolate.  Great looking dog!  Does not look 115 pounds
    • JB18
          Thanks!  She is only 40 pounds at 9 months old.  Don't think she will get much bigger. I was hoping to talk with some people at the game farm next month to see if i can get a great price on a pre-buy program.    I have some pheasant feathers and she goes crazy when she see me grab them.  I need to find a field that the grass is not chest high to plant them or better yet get some game birds and tie the feet off and plant those.    If you drive by Round Lake and see a red Tundra stop in and say hello. I am there most nights when it gets this hot.        
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Awese thread! I take our golden/lab mix to Round Lake for training also. This pic is from May when it was chilly. We're having an absolute blast working together. She's a sweet dog, will do anything to please me if she understands. Only thing I have to do before the season is somehow introduce her to gunshots and that's not easy without private land. Watching her barrel through the cattails to find that dummy is awesome. 
    • leech~~
      There are a few small Trout lakes in there as well but not sure how they bite in the summer? I've only Ice fished them.