Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
riverrat56

Few Questions for everyone

riverrat56

I've been up to Red a few times in the past always in rental houses, I'm coming up again and staying a rental sleeper but would like to get away from the crowds a few mornings.

First question, can I make it off road in four wheel frive pick-up? I've got no four wheeler or sled.

Second question, I like to hole hop but usually fish on small flats or small pieces of structure, puting holes every ten yards or closer even. On Red, a big bowl, how far do you guys spread out your holes when hole hopping?

And last, sorry.......But do I need an extension?

brady_d

1. Should be able to drive around ok if you watch out for the big drifts.

2. We go only about 10 feet, because we have hammered them out of one hole in the house and any other holes-even 3 or 4 feet away we couldn't get a thing.

3. It's getting close to needing an extension. Some spots where the ice is stacked up you will need it.

theicehooker

I gotta say it I just cant stop myself. But..... how hard is it to bring a 1 foot piece of metal to Red Lake on every occasion. What if you fish the rough ice and need a little more than your normal setup? guess what.....?..you'll need your extension. Sorry I had to. Not trying to be hard on ya! Have fun.

Wicked_1

Why does this question bother you so bad?? Just move on to the bext topic if you don't have anything to contribute. Maybe he doesn't own an extension and rteally doesn't want to buy one if he doesn't need it. Or maybe his buddy he is meeting on the lake has an auger with an extension and he doesn't have to bother bringing his regular length auger becuase it is too short.

Really --- just get over yourself.

Random guy

The reason it strikes a nerve is last year it was asked several times daily and about 30% of my phone calls where asking about an exstension.

As for driving on the ice after this last storm it tough going off the road, some drifts in wide open county are hitting three feet deep on the north shore and where a road or fish house was it is a solid 30" deep.

theicehooker

you are the wicked one. Did you read the whole post. I am trying to tell him that even if there is not 3 ft of ice he may still need it for the rough ice. THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE!! Just trying to help him out. Have a bad day at work or what??? WEEEEEEWWWWW!!!!

mnhunter 3815

maybe this time of yr should put a message on top of this thread saying bring your exstensions.

Kyle Sandberg

You may have problems going off road. Watch for the drifts and you should be ok. Up at LOW there were some drifts that were 3 feet, and on the way back in I think I saw one that went 4 feet. Thats a lot of snow.

Random guy

I actaully made one up and did sticky it to the top but the upgrade ate it.

Roughneck17SC

Based on the drifting when I left the lake early Sunday morning, unhook any wheelhouse and drive around FIRST!!!

If you have access to chains or if you were thinking of buying some and you are heading up, I strongly recommend to do so.

My house had sat on the lake for 2 weeks so the drifting was 3 1/2 to 4 feet on 3 sides. The only side I was able to access still had over a foot of snow. I stamped down tracks in the snow as wide as i could and then put on my chains. As it turns out, if i didn't put on my chains prior to moving the house........we still might be shoveling!!!

Good times!

Been a couple years since off-road meant chains.

Wonder how many I vehicles i will be watching this year rockin back and forth in a feeble attempt to move and then give up, watch 2 to 4 doors open and shovels appear.......nothin quite like URL

cookie129

Bring a # 2 shovel or spade shovel. Do not bring a plastic snow shovel or a snow shovel. I have picked up three broken plastic snow shovels this year. I guesss when they break there no sense taking them home so they are thrown out on the spot? If you break your shovel please throw it in the dumpster or take it home.

fishgutz77

why would you ever go to URL or LOW in FEB without an extention?

be prepared if your going to spend that much in gas to get there and back. Auger extention 24.95-- asking someone to drill holes for you priceless. just having a little fun with ya! good luck

Mike L

snow shovels? Forget it. A grain scoop with a lotta spine.

An extension? Don't leave home without it. Any time of the ice season.

mnhunter 3815

thats what i put in my truck is a nice metal grain scoop.i got 1 in my truck at all times and i leave another 1 in my fish house.cant beat them.