Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
not_nuf_time

90 hp 4 stroke

4 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a used boat for a while and have come accross a number of Crestliner Fishhawk 1750's with 90 hp 4 strokes. Do you think this is an under powered set up. I would really like to see more in the 115 hp range but there aren't as many out there.

Ex Crestliner dealer here: We sold quite a few 1750 fish hawks with 90 hp engines. The biggest factor is how are you going to use the boat. If you typically go fishing with yourself and 1 other, you will be fine. If you typically go with 3 others and they all weight in on the upper side of average, you will be wishing you went with the 115. You should be able to find a 1750 with a 115 with out to much trouble if thats what you decide you want.

I have a Fish Hawk 1750 duel council and the 90 hp engine. I use it with my wife and 2 boys who are under 5. Boat goes well with my family and gear on board. I bought the extra seat so I can sit 3 in the rear and 1 in the middle of the councils while in transit. I have no problems plaining out and getting to the part of the lake I am looking for. I fish Winni and Red and it handles the big water just fine. I would think I will need to upgrade when the boys get older to a 115 if I was going to pull skiers/knee boards. I pull a tube now with a 200 pound guy on the back just fine w/ 3 in the boat. I have had it for 2 seasons now. Good luck on your new boat!

I have a 1750 with Dual console and 90 hp Johnson 4 stroke and have been very happy with it. I get 38 mph Gps with full load. It also trolls down to 2mph. I have also driven the same boat with 115 4 stroke and that got about 42mph, and with a 125 2 stroke got 46mph.

Fuel consuption with a 90 4 stroke is very good also.