• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Aitkin Area Lakes Help

I'm heading to a friends cabin this weekend near Aitkin. We are looking to get into some crappie action. Has anyone been on Gun lately? Are there any other lakes that we should consider? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We fished gun last weekend got twenty decent crappie for dinner, I was in 24 fow red jig and some gulp. Big sandy is always worth a try. Good luck

anyone have a good report for the ice thickness on Gun....heard reports that it was slushy, just wanted to make sure it was good enough for a full size pickup to drive on.

i was on gun 2 weeks ago and i did not see a lot of slush. There were full size trucks driving from one end to the other.

we're heading up there to a friend's cabin in a couple of weeks, just making sure we weren't going to have to walk....thx for the info

going out of Aitkin on hwy 47 theres that lake on the righthand side of the road great for sunnies and crappies. Help me out with the name of it. I have a friend that lives by gun and he said its been pretty slow.

Thanks for the help everyone. We were crazy and went out on Saturday to Gun. -45 windchill! It made fishing in portables somewhat difficult. We fished close to the deepest part of the lake. The first hole we drilled we marked suspended fish and were on them all day. They were by no means active but we managed to get a nice meal.

Goggy7 Eyes! I think you are thinking of HANSON'S LAKE! You are right. Hanson's is a Great panfish lake. But it can be a devil to get in to if the water is low. You have to put your boat in about a 1/4 block away and go through a drainage ditch to get into the lake. Why they just don't put a decent boat landing in there is beyond me. But Hanson's does produce some nice crappies, perch and sunfish.

We went out on gun on friday and fished three different spots. The first we got some smaller crappies and a few decent sunnies we fished in 23 fow. We moved to another spot and did not mark one fish. The third spot 22 fow lots of fish and putting on the feed bag. Lost a few jigs too pike the three of us got our limits fairly quick. Fished a couple of smaller area lakes on saturday and sunday if You could stay warm out there the fish seemed to be active we got some nice fish over the last five days. Good luck all.

Hey Hotlips13... I will also be on Gun lake this weekend fishing. You sound like you're a very attractive lady and I'm wondering if you'd like to do some fishing together on Saturday?

Hopefully we can both catch a ton of fish!