Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingspade651

Ann Lake near Ogilvie

13 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has fished this lake. Its just outside of Ogilvie and about 15minutes south of The Pond. Ive fished it this summer and did very well on 8+inch bluegills and some nice pike. Some bluegills up to 10 inches. Very few little ones. Would love to get out there on the ice. Lemme know

Its been a few years, but used to fish it a few times a winter. I remember it being a late afternoon (2-3 pm to dark) bite.

We used to fish off the point in the middle of the lake and catch 12+" crappies back about 03-04

Looking at a map of the lake, it seems like a lake that would have a lot of roaming fish. Looks like it gets to about 9 feet and stays there throughout the whole lake. Punching lots of holes and staying mobile is going to be key out there.

Yeah i noticed how much they move around in the summer, especially the sunnies. But when you get on them its fun and nonstop and there's some huge bluegills in there and they taste great. Thinkin i should definitely head up there one of these weekends and give it a try, wouldnt mind catchin some 12 inch crappies

The river runs through there so the water is really stained. Use your jigs accordingly.

Very hard lake to fish in the winter. I think I said this on another post, if your catching 10" gills why would you post it on a fishing forum?

Just my two cents worth

Mark

Very hard to fish in the winter. Pretty much a bowl lake. Panfish could be anywhere.

Quote:
I think I said this on another post, if your catching 10" gills why would you post it on a fishing forum?

Cuz people aren't that bright or lack common sense Key...plus I really honestly don't think they are getting sunfish that size, they maybe getting 9"ers but a 10"er to me in central minnesota is hard to come by...not saying they arent there, but they are hard to catch...and I would be tight lipped about it too.

I have talked with a couple of friends that have been out to Ann. You do have to punch a number of holes and the 5:00 bite can be the best time. They both were able to find sunnies to 9" or better, so they are worth pursuing.

shhhhhhhhh........stealth people!I would not post the size of fish on any form!!!Too many knuckleheads out there that are out to rape the resourse!!!

just wonderin where the best place to start would be. have never fished the lake and any info would be appreciated. depth. end things like that. thank you

Try the point in the middle of the lake.