Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kingspade651

Ann Lake near Ogilvie

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has fished this lake or know what forum it would be under. Its about 20 minutes west of Mora. Have fished it this summer and did well on 8+ inch bluegills with a few around 10. Very few below 6 inches. Would like to icefish it just tryin to get a report

My brother was over there the other day fished the east side. He got a nice limit of crappies and a few smaller sunnies.

Check the Mille Lacs forum, there was a nice thread going.

Ann Lake is known as a panfish lake. There are a few walleyes and northerns in it but they are rare. Mostly you can get them at the mouth of the river where it runs out of the lake. I have fished Ann a few times over the years and most of what people are saying is quite true. You can get a decent catch but you have to move around a lot to get them.

If you like panfish (and I don't know anyone who does not) than Ann Lake is a GREAT Lake! However, if you are looking for Walleyes or Pike or Bass or some other species then I would give it a pass. Not to say other species are not in Ann Lake, just that they are few and far between.

I agree with you on that one uncle, i've fished that lake a hand full of times in winter, caught a couple little hammer handles on tip ups, but if you can get into them that lake has a very good population of very nice sunfish. I've been lucky enough to have found them twice, and for 4 guys we limited out on them and the smallest we kept was over 1/2lb, with a majority of them between 3/4 and 1 lb. It's a great lake.