Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riverwalleye

Walleye vs. Crappie

5 posts in this topic

Heading up to the area this weekend. Usually fish crappies this time of year on some smalller lakes. Is there any crappie action going on the smaller lakes or should we stick to walleyes?

Reports last week suggested fishing walleyes on gull. Anyone still getting walleyes on gull? Never really fished gull so any informaiton on where to start would be a big help.

LOOKS TO BE A COLD WEEKEND!!!

Thanks much!!!

rice lake seems to be the place to be. I went to other lakes north of brainerd and they all were bad.

The walleye bite on Gull has slowed down for me. But I still pick one up now and then on a set line. I fish Crappies in a spot where Walleyes come through on bottom once in a while. Crappie action has been hit and miss. Yesterday I was out in the house from 8 am to 1:30 pm and did not pick up any Crappies until 11:30. The school came in and was around a half hour then they left as fast as they came. The bite was unbelievable. A plain pink and white Shrimpo caught 13 in that half hour. Then it was dead til 1:30.

Both bites have been pretty inconsistent as of late. The good news with the Crappies is that they are easier to see on your electronics, so you know when to expect the bite.

Personally though, I would go out on Gull. You have a good chance of finding some nice eyes. Get a good lake map if you havent been out there much.

Thanks for the advise. Good Luck to all.