Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
lots of luck

GMC Envoy XL Owners

lots of luck

Does anyone here own one? Please share comments about the vehicle. Do you own the 6 or 8 cylinder version, are the mpg's similar or vastly different? What kind of mpg in the real world have you experienced, city and highway. Likes and dislikes.

Or....

I am specifically looking for a vehicle with seven passenger capabilities for a few times per year, when the grandparents visit and when we visit the grandparents, and the ability to still do some towing. I like bells and whistles and am looking to spend 19k-22k. It will be used with 30k or less miles. Any other ideas for a vehicle in this realm?

Thanks,

Jason

Augusta

I own a 2005 GMC Envoy. Purchased it used in June of 07. At this point we are mostly satisfied with it. The gas mileage is not the greatest, I think I only get around 17/mpg and that is with the 6 cylnder. I like our interior for the most part, but the we have bucket seats and sometimes it seems we lack space upfront, but it's not too bad. It seems to have some front end rattle, the front bumper attachment is not attached the greatest (the plastic part).But still overall, we like it, my wife drives it all the time, and she does enjoy the heated seats, and the plush feel. We seat 4 comfortably, anymore than that, and it would be crowded in my opinion.

lots of luck

I am looking at the XL for the little extra room, seats seven (kids in the third seat) and has the wheel base slightly longer than a Tahoe.

I am also hearing and reading that the v8 gets almost identical if not slightly better mileage.

Matt C

You can pick up a decent used, Suburban/Yukon XL or Tahoe for that price. Pretty much same gas mileage that your seeing, 15-17. Plenty of towing power, lots of room to move around and store things with it full of kids and grandparents.

FM_Mike

I have 2 Envoys and just love them. I have a 2002 4x4 slt with a 6 and it has plenty of power and pulls my 1650 fishwawk just fine. Only down fall I have with the suv is the wind noise from the side windows when there is a heavy cross wind. The 2002 gets about 17 city and 21 hwy. 90k and have only did general maintanance and replaced a battery.

The 2007 is an envoy Denali as you can tell I really like the vehicle. It has the V8 and has GREAT power. It also pulls my boat with no problems. It gets 18.5 city and 22 hwy. The V8 has the engine that drops to 4Cyls. when power is not needed. Have no issue with it at all.

I will say that if you are bucking a heavy head wind your milage will drop considerably.

As for the front end noise, I replaced the sway bar bushings on the 02 and it took care of the noise you here going over bumps.

I would recommend either the 6 or the 8 but I Really like the power of the 8.

Mike

Augusta

Mike, can I ask how many miles you had on the 02 when you replaced the sway bar bushings? How much did it cost? Thanks

lots of luck

Originally Posted By: bunt2k
You can pick up a decent used, Suburban/Yukon XL or Tahoe for that price. Pretty much same gas mileage that your seeing, 15-17. Plenty of towing power, lots of room to move around and store things with it full of kids and grandparents.

I am not finding similar pricing when comparing Yukon/Suburban/Tahoe and the Envoy XL. I am comparing low mileage, 06' and newer and fully loaded. Pricing for Envoy XL often ends where the previous models begin, or I would be looking at those models.

CJH

I recently purchased an 06 Durango Limited with the Hemi. Love it. Nice interior with in dash nav system, upgraded Alpine stereo with Sub, and pretty much everything else you could think of. It has 3 rows of seats, and with the tow package it tows 9k lbs. Most bang for the buck I could find.

I agree with you. I was looking at Tahoe's also, but couldn't find something even close to having all the bells and whistles as the Durango for the same price. In fact, the closest I could find was an older Yukon Denali, which was about 5k more.

Good Luck!

CJH

FM_Mike

I had about 70k when I replaced them. Probably needed then a few miles sooner. Did them myself.... Was not real difficult. Took about an hour, got parts at parts store sure alot cheaper then the dealer.

FM_Mike

Sorry I forgot to say how much it cost. Believe the parts were 65 70 dollars. The dealer wanted around 250.00 to do it. It was really a simple job, getting to the grease zerks were the hard part. Needed an ajustable hose on the grease gun.

There was a web sight that walks you through it but it has not been available of late. Try searching the trailerblaser web sites or envoy sights. Do a google seach and you should find what you need.

Mike

Jeremy airjer W

On a quick side note, I am not a big fan of greaseable after market stabilizer links. I found that they typically get neglected and will fail sooner than the sealed o.e. style. I have not tried on an envoy so I hope they last at least as long as the o.e ones did.

Steve Bakken

Not trying to sway your opinion, cause if you want an Envoy, by all means, they're great, but we ended up with a Durango, as well. I was actually pushing for an Envoy XL or a 'Blazer EXT, when my wife, on a whim, test drove a Durango. We both fell in love with it. Comfy seating for seven, and it has more of that manly "truck" feel than the GM's do. Ours only has the 4.7, but it has gobs of power and not much of a noticable difference from the Hemi. Just my .02