• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Marion

kingspade651

Just moved down to Farmington and thought about giving marion a try since its close by. Drove by there and saw a bunch of perms in one area otherwise nothin much. Any info?

King, I also live very close to Marion and fish it somewhat regularly with my kids. Most of those perms are fishing for Crappies/Northerns. The lake does have a ton of 6-8 crappie and some decent Northerns. There are also nice walleyes but you will have to work hard for them! If you want action go set up where all the other houses are about 4pm in about 8 ft. of water. You will stay busy with the crappies. Good luck

Crappies can be entertaining. I'm used to fishing up in the chisago chain i dont really mess with lakes in the immediate metro too much. How do people do on tipups out there?

Fished out there this past saturday for the first time in a couple years. Caught a dozen perch,a few bluegill, 2 small walleyes, one nice crappie, and a big bullhead. This was from about 4-8pm in 14 fow. Nothing spectacular. I did here of some pike being caught with suckers on tipups out there recently.