• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

243 Savage

NorthMNdrifter

Howdy all,

Presently I have the chance to pickup a 243 Savage for my wife. I haven't used one or know much about them, would this be a good rifle for a smaller woman? Oh yeah... plans are to use it for deer hunting...

Any comments are welcome... The gun is on sale for $300 dollars off... said it's regular price was $700 now it's on sale for $400...

I would say go for it. I purshased a remington 243 for my wife and topped it off with a nikon and she just loves it.

I have harvested two 140 inch plus whitetails with an old .243 savage. I mean really old. Ugly as a sack of [PoorWordUsage] but shoots great and has very little recoil. Now that I have moveed up in life and can afford top end stuff I have moved on to other guns, however, I have hung on to this gun. I would keep an eye out though, the price you quoted even with the reduction seems to be a lot. You can get a complete package (with scope and rings etc.) for just a little more than that. Whatever the case, you can't go wrong with the new Savage guns, pretty good stuff!