Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIDNIGHT777

2 sonors in boat ?

4 posts in this topic

I have an 18 foot boat with a bow mounted trolling motor with universal sonor. I am wondering if I would get interference between 2 sonors running at the same time; 1 on bow and other with transducer on transom. I was told water depth and cone shape matters, but for the most part are they going to be far apart enough not to interfere with each other?? (i rarely fish over 30fow). Any help appreciated.

Matt

if you rarely fish over 30 foot you should be fine.. maybe over some rocky situations you may get some.. .but usually not.

I have 2 on mine and an 18 foot boat.. no real problems so far until fishing deep water 30+ feet. Then its just a matter of turning one off.

I have two in a 16.5' boat and have yet to have a problem. One is a Humminbird and the other an Eagle. The Eagle is connected to my MinnKota with universal sonar. The Humminbird's transducer is on the back of the boat.

Most of my fishing seems to match your scenario. It is typically in less than 30-40' of water.

Thanks guys for the replies!!!!!! This helps in my decision making.

Matt