Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Faner50

Doing well on the Crappies

9 posts in this topic

I saw a product where you can build your own weed line. Its basically a length of cord with fake plastic weeds attached up and down its lenth. At the bottom of the cord is a weight. At the top is an adjustable float. So I built 6 of these "cord weeds".

I drilled 6 holes about 3 feet apart and 2 holes near this fake weed line to fish from. I felt a little foolish but I lowered my cord weeds and a camera. It took about an hour and I'll be darned I had sunnies near the bottom and crappies slowing moving in about 2 feet off the bottom. I used up most of my euro larve, pulled up my weed lines and headed home with 10 fat ones.

If I had a permanent house, I'd put those fakers all around my house. You can buy them retail at CABELAS.

How much do they run a guy?

Can't remember price. Under $25 for a box if I remember right.

http://www.ladredge.com/

Above is link to what they look like

GLTA

faner

By the way, I did not buy them I built my own using decoy cord, plants from a pet store and some from Linens and Things, decoy weight and floats cut from those round styrofoam tubes kids use for swimming.

I think you can buy them from the Outdoor Pro Store link at the top of this page. They are called Real Weeds made by LaDredge.

how hard where they to make? how much did you have to put into them

I already had the decoy cord, and decoy weights. To adjust the float I used plastic toggles you see on some hooded sweat shirts or for the hoods on outdoor coats. I bought about $10 worth of plastic weeds at those stores I mentioned but I also shredded one of my wifes plastic house plants (big leaves). I put them on the cord using small plastic tie wraps to make sure they wouldn't come off. You don't want weeds coming loose and fouling the lake up.

Oh, and remember to use a northland tear dropper near evening. BWAAAAAAahahahaahahaha !!

Not a bad idea i guess but i'll still to just drilling holes and hunting them down. To me half the fun of it is going out and looking for them in a more natural way.