Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Corey Heiser

Seasonal Campground

13 posts in this topic

My parents are looking at putting a camper at an area lake. They'd like to have a nice campground with trees and such. Campers not on top of each other. Lake with decent fishing and good lake access. What do you guys have for suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

check out Elk Horn resort on my beloved South Twin Lake (rural Waubun Address) Nice spot on the south shore of the lake and seems to be pretty quiet in the summer. Awesome fishing too.

Ive heard good things about Rose Haven on Big C. a bit of a hill to get to the lake though.

little further down the road on leif lk is Tracys and he runs a nice opperation there too. easy lake access.

they all seem crouded to me however.

Nice one on Rose lake in Vergas, not sure of any others.

I spoke with the new owners at Elk Horn last summer and they are trying to get the OK from the county to put some more campers in there. I think they had some open spots even without adding more. They have a nice family oriented campground and the renovations to the store have been a nice change for kids. They have a movie night in the summer and also many games. If you need more info I have one of their flyers around here somewhere if I can find it.

Leech, do you have a place at Elk Horn? I could have sworn I saw a green car there last summer with a FM decal on the back.

NO sir but I am down there a lot, my uncle has a place just east of the resort on the lake. I have yet to get decals on my vehicle. I better get that done today.

Thanks for the info fellas? Where is Rose Haven located on Big C?

you know, west side of Viking Bay down the Y camp road

Ok. Thanks Minneman. I can't believe how hard it is to find quality seasonal campgrounds in Minnesota. I guess lake front property is too expensive.

I think that Crystal Lida resort has opening as well. It is a nice set up with access to both Crystal and Lida. Boats can be a minor issue however. No dock slips available. Let me know if you are interested in more info and I can get you some.

Ben

Ben,

Is that a camper seasonal spot? If so, email me more info or post here.

Corey, check out the one by the SW access of Pelican. It has community center, fish cleaning facilities,showers,store, etc.

Cory, I have been up on Pike lake for 5 years now and like it alot. It is also east of Waubun about 20 miles nest to Elbow lake. It is a small lake maybe a couple hundred acres or so with only two cabins on it. Other than that it is the campground with about 30-40 campers. Nice and peaceful. Not too fancy but pretty reasonable. Far enuff away from D.L. is the best thing. We were close too D.L. before which is not always a bad thing but seems to cost a lot more when the wife and kids and myself are that close to everyone trying to make a buck or two. The Gal that owns it is Donna Sindt. I don't have a number handy at the moment but can get it for you. If you are into campfires and good people this is a great place. Lots of kids and a good mix of everyday working stiffs like myself. I should mention The trail system which is right next too the resort. Many options for multispecies of fish within easy range. Leechbait is from up there and could tell you how great it is. It is worth the Drive if you ask me.