Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake River  King

zipple bay march 7,8,9

9 posts in this topic

Hi me and 3 other guys are planning on hitting LOW march 7,8,9 How do you think the fishing will be? and do you think I will need a extention for my auguer? thanks SRK

I don't fish zipple much in march. Some people on here said they have done well. I usually try to get out to the humps and islands for march. It probably wouldn't hurt to keep your auger extention under your truck seat.

well we will have portables so we might hit rocky point or long point how do they compare???

compare to zipple? i have been to long pt 1 time this year[3-4 weeks ago] and did good. haven't made it to rocky yet. you have a little more structure to fish by long and rocky[humps,rocks,etc.] long and rocky are fairly close to eachother. sometimes its nice to change up the scenery once in a while.

shallow water in march is good fishing.18ft of water is good fishing also.always bring the extension.

what time in march do you guys think would be the best time? were thinking 7,8,9?????????????? like I mentioned earlier we will have portables so we could go to zipple or rocky point or long point thanks your guys info is greatly appreciated SRK

anytime in march is good fishing at zipple.

IMHO, anytime you can fish early or late ice for anything you are going to find some quality fish. Anytime you are on LOTW, you have a great shot at numbers and size.

March is good at Zipple as is April.

In the past three years we've put our permanent in 27, 27.5, and 28.5 FOW and had good luck all Winter. The year in 27 FOW towards the end of March we found the best action in deep water.

My wife and I made it up for a couple days middle of March last year and the bite was hot from sun up to noon in 28.5 FOW. We're planning another trip same time but right now the fish house is in 25 FOW and last trip a month ago it was really slow.

May be going up tommorrow for a few days.