• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking to try something different?

Hey guys and gals!

One of the things I've always felt seperates some anglers is a willingess to think outside the box when approaching fishing for trophy fish. When most anglers are fishing a shallow bite fish deep. When they are deep go fish weed walleyes. Guides often refer to this philosophy as the willingess of being a hero or being a zero. Trust me we all have experienced both ends of the spectrum although we only boast about the hero side! Well here on Rainy our BIG fish are predominately feeding on ciscoes, smelt, tulibee, and perch as far as baitfish are concerned. Some of the largest fish taken each year often times will program themselves into a specific pattern of ambushing roaming ciscoes and smelt. With the use of electronics it becomes apparent that often times big fish will not be relating to the bottom as much as they relate to the depths in which these tastey swimming treats like to hang. On the flipside the "Dinks" fearing becoming eaten will use the bottom contours as a place to hide. Thus fishing only bottom will many times lead to lots of little guys!

If you want to try something different someday try go DEEP! I don't mean 35 f.o.w. either. I mean 50+. I'm in no way promoting pulling big fish from 50 feet up to the top, because what you will be doing is fishing a depth which the Baitfish are swimming, and within a short period of time you'll be able to figure that out with good electronics. Make it a day for fishing specifically for BIG fish. Nope you will likely not catch your limit of 15-16 inch fish, but you might catch the fish of your lifetime. Furthermore you have another tool for your toolbox in the world of Fishing for Trophy Pike and Walleye!

The other thing is it is likely you'll be the only guy doing it unless you see me out there!

Good Fishing!

Rainydaze

HI R.D.,

FOUND THEM IN MY GAS TANK, BOY DO I FEEL DUMB!!!

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

WAIT TILL YOU GET MY AGE!!!

Hey FM,

You know When we were looking I thought about that. I put mine in there at times. Oh well! GLAD YOU FOUND THEM! Fun ride home nonetheless! After at least it was a nice day! LOL

RD