Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Uran

weekend report

14 posts in this topic

Fished Saturday and last night in the new house. On saturday we pulled out 25 crappies kept a dozen, my bro in the house next to us caught a few and a nice 22" walleye. Sunday I took the boy out for a couple hours midday and we managed a few snakes and a bass. Last night we caught 13 nice crappies the biggest being 12.5 " and an 18" walleye. I suppose I can mention that I pulled the new to me house out to South Twin Lake.

Thanks for the report leech. Sounds like you had fun in the new used house anyway.

I pulled my new to me last summer house to Sallie. Man there was a ton of people out there. The word is that the eyes are really smacking. Well they sure are. My last three trips produced almost 50 eyes. However I kept only 10 that were borderline keepers at 13-14 inches. Most were in the 8-12 inch range. I hope the others are throwing the little guys back. That lake should really rock in a few years...... Time to find a new lake.

Yes, lots of small eyes in that lake. I'm curious to see how good it will be in a couple years. I'd also like to find those huge slabs, but have not been able to in my ventures. I hope to eventually find them because they are big in Sallie.

I don't target crappies out there but I probably should. I have caught them walleye fishing and they are huge. My biggest to date is 15.5 inches. I caught that big old girl lindy rigging with a shiner minnow. That was fun.

Originally Posted By: paceman
I pulled my new to me last summer house to Sallie. Man there was a ton of people out there. The word is that the eyes are really smacking. Well they sure are. My last three trips produced almost 50 eyes. However I kept only 10 that were borderline keepers at 13-14 inches. Most were in the 8-12 inch range. I hope the others are throwing the little guys back. That lake should really rock in a few years...... Time to find a new lake.

I say that to myself every year, yet every year I catch this fish that are the same size. It's not that I don't catch some nice sized fish out of there, but there are plenty of walleyes in that lake that fill the 10-13" size gap...

looks like the lake has been stocked up the wazoo and is going to be a great fishing lake possibly this opener and next year opener followed by a few good years.

Another surprising thing out there is that That lake is full of huge northerns and muskies and I have not caught one yet. In years past I would catch some on every trip and get bit off on every trip. But not once on 5 trips this year. Odd.....

10-inchers?

Awesome -- where are you guys, exactly?

;\)

Paceman, can you shoot ma an email (tstauss@stratacominc.com)? I think I am going to give Sallie a try this coming week on Tuesday or Wednesday. Can you give me some pointers about where to go? Also, is Sallie driveable? I ask because I have been working in Stevens Point, WI for about the last 3 months and this past week, I decided to hit a new body of water (had been hitting a different one before this). Well, I got completely and utterly stuck on this new body of water in slush at the landing. However, I posted about this on a Wisco site and one of the guys said I was extremely lucky to get stuck becuase the ice in that particular area past the landing is never safe. What a blessing it was that I got stuck! In all other areas of the lake I saw trucks everywhere - wouldn't you know it, the one place I wanted to go, the ice is bad. Figures! Anywho, I will always make sure to do my homework now before just blindly driving out. I guess these are the experiences that allow us to call ourselves wise when we mature in years... \:\) I haven't arrived yet... \:\)

Originally Posted By: Bison9
I guess these are the experiences that allow us to call ourselves wise when we mature in years... \:\) I haven't arrived yet... \:\)

Words to live by man.

Unfortunately some of us seem to keep maturing without getting any wiser. crazy.gif

Just kidding, that's just good advise there. There should be more people in this world that are intelligent enough to realize that.

bison, plenty of drivers out on sallie. the crowds have been out there. you can pretty much just follow them around for the 10" walleyes. hitman, don't be jealous, there are plenty of 10'"ers to go around.

Roger-roger I am on it.

Darn Kids and Star Wars hard to keep it out of my daily speaking/writing when they watch it day after day.

;\)

Well even through the bad weather the crappies were still hammering. Saturday night my bro's went out and caught about 30 and last night we went out and pulled in 20 or so and kept 9.That was from 5:30 to 6:45. I guarentee they will bite pretty dang good until ice out.