Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishntinner

Be on the lookout.......

9 posts in this topic

I know this probably isn't the place for this, but your the people that might run across this stuff.

In a rash of garage break-ins in Benton County this weekend, many

of us lost fishing tackle, Honda generators, Mathews & Hoyt bows,

Lowrance X-25c, camo clothes, trail camera, ice & summer rods,

tools, saws,etc...

Take it from first hand experience, it sucks. If anyone hears of

a bunch of "hot" stuff..Call Benton County Sheriff

Sorry to hear that, good luck to all those affected.

It happended to me about two years ago. Yep it sucks and that feeling of rage never goes away. I feel for ya and I hope they get cought.

I will keep my eye out for sure! And let this be a warning to all you who are theives. If I even suspect you are up to no good, You will have a huge problem on your hands!!!!

I feel for ya

I hate to jump to conclusions but it almost seems like this is the new thing....not that stealing is a new thing. But taking these sorts of things. Down here in SW MN we have had quite a few thefts very similair sounding to this. Like I said, I dont want to jump to conclusions but are the young kids doing this? Is it their new way to make money to pay for something they really want. It just seems like the merchandise that is being stolen around here are items they could pawn off with no questions asked.

Probably sounds wierd but we never had to worry about locking our garage and before we had kids, our house went several nights without being locked. Now everything gets locked up tight. Too bad cause I cant help but think they are young adults and it really makes a person stereotype some of them...probably unfairly and unjust but its the unfortunate truth.

HoleHopper,

You are exactly right....rage, etc. If I ever see anything

happening in or by my garage again, I'll do what I need to do

and ask questions later...I thought I was a nice guy, until now.

Everyone....mark your stuff, take pictures, alarm your garages, etc. You just can't imagine what it's like.

Also, who buys this stuff? and if you run across anyone selling

sports gear, tools etc, call someone.

Closer to home, I had my portable Eskimo fish house ripped off right out in front of Izatys last weekend. I have left it out numerous times with no incident, but somebody decided they needed a free fish house. At least I didn't have anything of value in the fish house when stolen. There were a rash of fish house breakins and thefts last winter in mille lacs if I recall postings....

fishntinner

I have no dought that you are a nice guy. Just becouse we all need to stand up for ourselves and what belongs to us does not meen that we are not nice. Nice does not involve letting someone steal from us. That is totally different.

spankster,Does your Eskimo have any identifying features? I fish the south end a lot.

sorry to hear about that. Check Craigs list and Ebay (seriously)! You'd be surprised what pops up on there.

I agree with bigbartguy. Check craigslist for sure. I had a bday party a couple weeks ago and a ps3 was stolen and the next day it was on craigslist.