Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHAMPION206

Report 1/31-2/3-finally a crapppie report!

3 posts in this topic

Got to Red at 6:30 on Thursday evening and stopped at westwind for some Minnows-asked about the "Bug" hatch-got a funny look and reply "Don't get on the computer much-don't know what everyone is talking about". I felt stupid so I bought some jigs and got rolling! Went out of Agazzis road-got out 5-6 miles and realized the drifting was bad-we heard of people getting stuck so looked at the handheld GPS-found a small hook in the structure and pulled off the road-went as far as I could before all 4 were spinning-dropped the house-left it there til Sunday!

We found fishing good but in waves of action-three of us caught about 35 Walleyes,9 Crappies,2 Perch and 2 Pike. All colors caught fish(red glow,glow,gold,silver) If they were hungry they ate the lure-diiferent sized jigs-we didn't really find one jig working better-Rattle Wheels were just as good as Jigging. I hope this sparks everyones "fishing mojo" for URL-this lake still is awesome-still has Crappies and Walleyes are plentiful.

I love hearing the good Crappie Reports. I am going up this weekend and would love to hook into some of those slabs. Were the crappies coming in high or right off of the bottom? The few crappie reports I have seen have said they came off of the bottom. It seems in past years they have came into the vex about 3 feet off of the bottom. Is the bite changing? Are the crappies staying low to avoid the PIKE? Thanks for the good crappie report.

If memory serves me right-most came in high on the Vexilar. Maybe one or two straight from the bottom. About 3 feet off with both set line and jig w/minnow head-again size of jig didn't seem to matter.I hope this weekend works out for the bite-should get better and better as we approach Spring. Give us a report when your back. I will e-mail you with the colors that seemed to work better-also the way we hooked the minnow heads seemed to make a difference.