Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boar

Long Point Report Feb. 2-3

7 posts in this topic

Boy, could not have asked for better weather thats for sure an the fishing was really good for us anyway. 32' of water, Sat started out slow, first fish came at 11:00 am. They started small but by the end of the we had a real nice bucket of saugs an eye's ranging from 15 to 18 inches. I was out visiting an my son an his cousin tended lines, so my son comes out looking for me an I run back an his cousin has a nice 18" eye on the floor. Yea!! great job, rattle reels arnt easy for kids to master, so I take pictures an his dad steps in the house, one more picture an for some reason his dad just has to reach to gill the fish an the kid lets go an his dad dose'nt have it an Yep, thats right, Kersplosh!! Thems the breaks, sometimes its a hard lesson for dads to learn, just let the kid do it. O'well. Sun. proved better yet with the first fish at 9:30, just my daughter this time, right of the bat she hit a 17" saug. nice start an they stayed that way pretty much all day with a bunch of shakers mixed in. My highlight way picking some up jigging on the vex, 19" eye an 17.5" saug. couple of 15's an 16's an shakers. The kids really out did themselves with the rattle reels, old school hand over hand an put fish in the bucket, awsome trip an limited out over the two days. I think what really worked for us was me jigging fish in to the center of the house an the the rattle reels were on the outside perimeter of the set up for the quick meal. Sat. had family to the east of me an they did not catch a fish, move them in to 29 an west of me an same results on Sun. I could have just been on top of them and it was my turn. But then again having the jigging hole in the center of the house with set lines all around it, the fish more often than not will turn to face one of the set line for a easy meal. Now I have a long night of filleting. Boar

Hey boar, good report. Did you have Emil along? My wife spoke with him today and he did well over there also this weekend.

Yea him an his wife came up Sat. night an fished Sun. off of that reef half way between T.I. an the resort on the north side of it in about 28' an when I last talked to him at 4:15 going in they were four shy on saugers. He always dose well though. boar

Nice job Boar, I like to see a boy from the neighborhood doin

good out there. You fish that area quite a bit so I bet you

have an edge on how to trigger the bites. Them that puts in the

time and pays attention will get more fish(if there are any

around to get).

Yea thanks curt,paying attention to details this time of year is gonna put the odds of a good trip in the favor of those that do. Hope to do that well next weekend. Boar

Say boar does arnesen's still have about 40 houses jam packed to the west side of twin islands? If so I'd say fishing is still decent there and we don't need to go to the reefs yet. take care

bryan

yea they do, they wernt that close last year. boar