Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walleye One

Fatheads or Shiners

17 posts in this topic

We are heading up to Arnesens this weekend and trying to figure out if we should by some shiners in town before we get there. If so, what is a good bait shop in Baudette to pick some up? They supply fatheads.

Good luck on finding shiners right now. Probably won't find any around the metro anyway.

no kidding there are no shiners around anywhere, how about a difference between fatheads and say rainbow chubs, anyone having a better bite on either of those??

Frankies Still has Shiners, and if i were you i would wait until I got up there to buy Minnows

I am also heading to Arnesen's this weekend. If you see a guy drinking Miller Lite at the bar with an orange stocking cap, that will be me. Let me know if you want to hook up and share secrets.

Bapper

Denny's in Roseau had shiners last weekend.

Buy the shiners up there for sure.

walleye one- what kind of shiners are you talking about,silver, golden,or emerald? I'll take it you mean emerald shiners since you are going to LOTW. I was just in Baudette 10 days ago, at Lucky's Bait, and they had loads of emerald shiners, live and frozen, and they also had chubs. They were all out of golden shiners though. I would wait to buy emeralds in Baudette because they will die if you have a long drive. There is no way they are out of emerald shiners in Baudette, or at the resorts. Call up there and ask before you leave. Some of the gas stations, in Baudette, have emeralds also.

I'll be with arneson's sunday through tuesday. We were told gold and glow pink has been hot. Anything else?

you want the silver shiners.zipple bay has tons of them.i was just up there.fishing was awesome.they didnt want the chubs.

mnhunter-they weren't hitting on emeralds either?

i didnt even try the emeralds.they didnt want the chubs.

mid-december I was getting the bigger ones on goldies. a guy at another bait shop the next week told me he doesn't carry them because they never bite on goldies. up to a couple weeks ago i did descent on emeralds. now they want silvers. i wish the fish would make up their minds.

i hear ya.

i wonder if they are eating the silvers towards the long pt area?

not sure i havent heard anything on long point.

The shiner supply is very good and the end is not nearby.

After the live ones are all gone everybody will have frozen

and they are JUST AS GOOD! year round....(who knew?)