Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddp

Personal Best Walleye and released-photo added

14 posts in this topic

Headed to the pond for the annual boyz weekend. Wasn't expecting all that much action from reading previous reports but that was fine by us. A buddy of a buddy let us use his house. I think it was between 2.5 and 3 mile. 20FOW on a sunken island. Not 5 minutes after drilling holes, a rattle reel slowly started jingling about 5:45pm Friday evening. I set the hook and felt shoulders immediatly. After a few runs got her head through the hole and about lost my drawers. A nice 28 inch walleye- very fat. My biggest by about 10 inches. I'm not an avid waldo angler. She hit on a plane hook and a 6 inch shinner. After a case of beer and a dozen phone calls in which the last conversation the fish managed to reach 30 inches \:\) reality sunk in and didn't land another fish all weekend - well a handful of 4in perch. We did miss 2 nice walleyes on saturday. Again on the biggest shinner we could find. We noticed the abundance of small pirch on the cams as well. Due to the excitement, we didn't get a real good measurement. The tape was verticle on the wall and the fish was bowed out. It was a true 28... probably could have snuck a bit more out of it but regardless I was thrilled.

Sounds like a nice fish DDP. Congratulations.

Four of us spent Saturday night on the south end of Mille Lacs (Brants Houses- The Purple Houses) in 27FOW. Sent my new Cabela's camera down the hole and didn't see too much going on...mostly small perch and minnows. Over the course of the night we caught four Eeel Pout. At about 10PM my brother got a 26" Walleye up the hole...real nice fish. It was a real fatty so we took some photographs and relsead the fish back into the lake.

We didn't catch anything else other that the nice walleye and the four eel pout. Pretty slow for 192-Rig Hours(4guys X 2Lines/Guy X 24Hrs).

see if this works...

>

Swaeet!

thats a nice walleye. i'm itching to get up there this year.

Very nice 'eye. Glad to see someone caught one.

Nice fish & thanks for letting her swim.

yeah, I kind of caught some heck for letting it go from my buddies but oh well... I still have flashbacks of seeing it come through the hole. We were all fired up!!!

if it was only 28 wouldn't it have to go back anyways? I forget the slot for ML......Regardless nice fish and with the pictuers you can always have a replica made at anytime!!

I thought the limit was 1 over 28 inches... you are correct, a replica would do me just fine.

that is what I thought......so 28 goes back and 28 1/8 can go on the wall if one chooses....NICE FISH again has me beat by a 1/2 inch.....I have caught 3 at 27.5 just can't get over that mark...at least your fish will have the opertunity to be caught again!!

very nice eye.

Congrats on the nice fish. Its nice to see a walleye actually bit!

nice eye glad to here you got one to unlock its jaw