Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gopher_nation

Finally a successful trip

5 posts in this topic

Well by this years standards...

We fished Friday PM through Sunday AM. Started on three mile reef, nada. Got a bunch of the little perch to bite, same story big perch and a lot of walleyes on the camera but I wouldn't even say they paid any attention to the lures. Fought the urge to wait for them to bite and just headed out to the flats to give it a try on Sat. afternoon. Drilled A LOT of holes on top, the break, and bottom. Finally ran into some jumbo's and between 4-6PM two of us got 16 perch and all but three were just over 12", biggest was 13". Overnight and Sunday AM, nada.

After pretty much failing on all other trips up there this year, it felt pretty good coming off the lake this morning with some nice perch in the bucket. We didn't hammer 'em but it's finally a positive report. If you move around and try different tactics there are fish that will cooperate. Nice weather and being able to fish outside of shelters helped a lot.

Good to hear you had a god trip up there, sounds like you did everything right. What were you using for bait?

pimples w/heads

I got up there friday afternoon and left sunday morning. Got 6 eyes from 21-29", 2 big pike, and a bunch of perch. kept a limit of jumbos. This was my first time up this year, but the bite was consistent with what I experienced all of last winter.

Man you really hit 'em. Nice work!!